Is it tacky to send "pre-printed" thank you cards?

channy3232

Reaction score
I'm actually making Rocco's thank you cards from his birthday party. I couldn't find any hungry caterpillar ones cheap enough so I'm just printing them on heavier paper and cutting and folding them. I was thinking about it and thought while I was designing them I might as well print the inside too. I would still personalize each card with a message like "thank you so much for the beach toys" but it's SO much easier for me to type. And my handwriting isn't the greatest lol
So if you got a thank you note that the message was typed instead of handwritten, would you find it tacky? Or be offended?

If you have clearly gone to the effect of making them yourself, I would in no way be offended! a thank you card that has clearly been thought about means more then just a shop brought one whether its typed or handwritten!

i think it is a lovely idea it shows you have gone to the effort of making them and that you are taking the time to thank the person x

its nice to get thanked for a present no matter how its done x

I think printed is nice, you can still hand write names and personal messages if you want

To be honest anyway of saying thank you is great these days, so many people dont bother at all. But that sounds lovely, not tacky at all x

I sent pre-printed photo ones, we thanked everyone in person or over the phone though. My writing is terrible and often unreadable (dyslexic and dyspraxic) so it makes like easier.

i would like to get a thank you card :) Doesn't matter if its preprinted or handwritten!
The thought that counts. x

I don't think it's tacky. It's really nice to send them at all. When my son was born I ended up getting photo cards made up pre-printed which was handy as I didn't have to write them out and I was a little muddled about who had bought us what with some of the gifts anyway as there was so much going on! x

Yeh, not a lot of people do this anymore its fantastic! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->