is it to normal to feel like this?....

shorty2k8

1 son ttc #2
Reaction score
hey everyone,

besides my utter fear of nausea and vomitting i am so torn about the whole thing and would really love some reassurance from you ladies.

i keep havin moments where i know this is what i want, i want to be a mommy and i feel that my relationship is strong etc. but then on the other hand i do stil keep gettin extremely scared like am i ready? do i really want this? i know pregnancy and having a child is not a decision to be taken lightly.

but please someone tell me that all these feelings are normal and it doesnt mean that im not ready, or that i would make a terrible mum.

I was holdin my baby nephew today and i just didnt want to give him back, even when he was crying!!

All opinions will be greatly appreciated.

thank you for listenin

nicki xxxx

Hi, you sound ready to be a Mummy!
Im not a Mum myself but when i had a m/c back in aug/sept i realised how much i wanted it. My clock started ticking back in Feb last year when i came off the pill and i held a 2 week old baby in Nov 2008, i knew i wanted my own child and i still really do. It feels scary but thats so normal.:hugs:

awww thank u, i want to be ready to be a mummy, but its like one minute im so so so positive and excited and the next im petrified and nervous and anxious.

i feel ready now and i jst cant wait for it to happen. my bloke wil make a gr8 daddy and it wil be lovely to be a family. i had my implant taken out yesterday so can start tryin asap and hopefully wont take too long.

thank you for your reply. i jst wana b sure that its normal to stil feel scared even tho u know u want it and feel ready.

xxx

Sounds perfectly normal to me hun. You know after you have that baby life will never be the same and you wil have responsibilities.Thats daunting enough for anyone but your only human.
Im the biggiest worrier that i know. I worry about everything and anything.
I know i am ready to be a mum, i want nothing more and after 2 years of TTC i know im ready.
I always worry and think can i afford it? Can we afford it? Me and my partner both work and are on good money but yet i still worry. I listened to my mum and she gave me a good piece of advice. She said 'laura, if everyone saved money until they could afford to have a baby, no one would ever have them' and its right.
Ive decided to stop worrying and relax as the worry, even though i dont think its over the top worrying, can delay falling pregnant.

You will be great hun. xxx

thank you so much, your posts have made me smile and realise that maybe the worryin is what is goin to make me a good mum. i want the best for my little baby and i wana make sure everythin is right, and as i said, i am an emetophobe so the initial 3 months of pregnancy are what worries me most, lol.

xxxx

Hope you don't mind me butting in - I just wanted to say that after having got my BFP I still feel like this! Can't help wondering if we made the right decision and sometimes I think I must be crazy!

I think it's natural to be worried about making big decisions, and it doesn't get too much bigger than this ... you will be fine.

Wishing you all lots of :dust:!

I def worry about the same thing. But i have to remember that if its meant to be it will be ya know. when your ready it will happen. :dust: and :hugs:

thanks girls, im so glad that its not jst me, i am still soooo worried but tryin for a baby is fun, im jst tryin to not think as far ahead as gettin pregnant until it actually happens, if that makes sense! hehe,

luv nicki xxx

my main worry bout it all is the morning sicnkess. i am absolutely petrified of it. but i stil want to do it, so i feel ready.

i jst wish i knew what my pregnancy was goin to be like so i cud at least prepare sort of for it. i am jst expectin to b sick mornin, noon and night for 9 months. hehe.

nicki xxx

A woman before she has a child is selfish, once she becomes a mother, she is selfless. You're fears and worries are something we all go through - a lot of women don't get to ponder it as long as us TTC girls do, but we are all so afraid of failing or making better for our children than we had for ourselves, that we are worried we won't live up to the mark, as for MS and all the other inflictions we have to look forward to, its a small price to pay for the gift of a child. Besides, you might not get it. :dust:

hi shorty! not everyone has morning sickness sweetie.

with my daughter I only got nauseated in the evenings if I ate/drank certain things. with my son I had one day where I couldnt stop throwing up. I hope your pregnancy is as easy as my two were :)

I think its completely normal to be having mixed feelings.
When my sister had her first child i didnt really think about it because i thought i was too young, but her second one is 1yr now and whenever i see them both i never want to let them go, i sometimes just wish they were mine!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"