Is it too early to take baby out?

laxobellavida

Reaction score
I will be having some family members come visit next week to see our baby. He will be a month and 1 week old. Here in the states, newborns get their vaccines at 2 months (not sure if it's the same in the UK!) but I would like to take him to a little aquarium. We are picking an odd day of the week to avoid a huge crowd of tourists. He was born healthy, actually past due (41 weeks) and a whole 9 lbs 4 oz. would this be too early to take him out in public? We have already begun to take him on night walks in his stroller.

Why wouldn't you be able too take him out? Lol my son was born 2 weeks early and we went too a huge banquet of over 5000 ppl when he was just 2 weeks old. Even sooner we went to grocery stores etc. vaccinations here in canada start at 2 months as well. I always always see newborns out and about. No need too keep them secluded.

We went to a Fred Penner children's concert at 9 days old.....:happydance:

Just common sense, don't let people touch all over him or other children get up in his face just yet but if you feel well enough to go its good to get out....and a healthy Momma makes a healthy baby....

Agree with the other posters, we have been out and about since coming home from hospital! So I think it's fine :)

We've taken our LO out to eat with us twice in the last 3 weeks. Just bottle her before we leave and she is quiet the entire time :)

Thank you! I grew up in a Spanish culture where a lot of people still believe in keeping the baby inside until he gets his shots... My mom even freaked out when I took him out for a walk lol. I will be taking him to the aquarium then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"