is it too late????

Tracy B

Reaction score
Is it too late to concieve once you have stopped ovulating.
Do you have to bd before and whilst ovulating?
Had a positive opk yesterday and again today , had:sex: last night and this morning. Is this the right time?? due to positive opk test.
Am I understanding it right that once you have ov'd your out the game???

Found my answers
I know you all probably know this info but sticking on in case x

The female reproductive system releases a single egg during each menstrual cycle, after which there is a period of 12 to 24 hours during which fertilisation can occur. Take with this that healthy sperm can survive for up to 5 days in fertile cervical fluid and you have a period of 6 days that can be considered as 'optimum' for baby making. Experts seem to be in agreement that the 5 or 6 days leading up to and including ovulation are the best time to have sex if you are trying for a baby as this will ensure that a healthy supply of sperm is available to fertilise the egg when it is released.

Although the most 'ideal' time to have baby-making sex is the day before or of ovulation, its best to try and have sex several times throughout this period rather than hedging your bets on a single opportunity, as this will ensure that sperm is present when the egg is released (rarely do couples conceive if they leave intercourse until after ovulation has occurred).

Thanks for the info - Sometimes its all a bit confusing for us new girls!!

I'm pretty sure I ov'd last night, and we bd'd twice yesterday and in the days leading up to it. Woke up poorly, so no more for us.

Here's hoping it worked and it wasnt wind ;)

Fingers crossed for us both, and good luck to everyone else TTC x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"