is it true u bleed for up to a month after giving birth?

GetNmyBelly

Reaction score
I don't know why this scares me but it does. I've always hated having periods (as im sure every other woman does) & I know after giving birth u cant wear tampons or anything & man o man how I HATE pads. I just keep thinking about me bleeding wearing these huge gross pads while taking care of my newborn): so for the ladies that have already had babies... how long did u bleed? & how bad was the bleeding? sorry if this is in any way TMI

It varies from person to person but yes basically you could bleed a little more or less. With one of my i bled 6 weeks. Very tramatic borth though.

It's impossible to say how long you will bleed, it really does vary from person to person, but anywhere up to 6 weeks or so is normal.

I bled heavily for about a week and then like an average period for another 2 or 3. And yes, unfortunately no tampons!

It varies person to person. I had a csection and bled for about 6 weeks. It was a little heavy at first, but then went to more of a normal period, and then the last couple of weeks it was light then to brown.

I don't know if vaginal or csection can change that though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one already worried about this, it's like you read my mind. I hate periods and hate pads even more. Since I switched to tampons I have not worn a gross pad once. We 're talking like 12 years or something. I used to take bcp back to back and skip the sugar pills just to avoid having my period. Not excited for this lengthy bleeding!

I always think this is one of mother nature's little jokes - you get pregnant, think yay, no periods for 9 months - then make up for it immediately after the birth!

I had a c-section and bled for around 6 weeks - the first few days it's bad then just like a normal period. To be honest you probably won't give it a second thought cos you'll be so busy with baby.

As an added bonus, I exclusively breastfed for 15 months (with solids introduced around 6 months) and I didn't have a period until just after my son's first birthday... ������ that was when I stopped pumping as well (when he turned one we started giving him cow's milk when I was at work).

I have heard of people who get it back much earlier though.

I bleed for about 4 weeks after my first bit on my second I bleed for 9 weeks.
Ended up with a scan to only stop that morning!

I bled for about 3-4 weeks. I hate pads - they're so uncomfortable- especially the maternity pads...they're so big! It's like walking around with a surfboard in your underwear lol.

As pp said it varies and is not as bad as.it sounds. Personally after my lb I bled heavy (thick maternity pads) for four days, then I used the large day period pads (alot thinner and comfier) for about three weeks after that then light bled for another week before I stopped then I didn't have a.period for about 7months. Hope this helps. Everyone is different

o ok so after u give birth u wear maternity pads? im guessing they're just like regular pads except bigger or something?

You can buy thinner maternity pads from boots/tesco but I would suggest the larger ones for the few days following birth as your loss will be quite heavy at first. You also are told it is best not to wear a tampon for your first normal period after giving birth just to avoid infection. I too hate pads!!

I bled for six weeks but three of those weeks were very light. I found the ultra thin maternity pads in Tesco really helped. Eventually I could wear paper thin panty liners. You forget about the pads very quickly while distracted by a newborn. Trust me

You also are told it is best not to wear a tampon for your first normal period after giving birth just to avoid infection

I didn't but that's because breastfeeding kept AF away for a year and I figured the odds of infection were negligible at that point x

I hate pads too but yea they're a necessary evil immediately post partum xx

Can't remember exactly how long it was for me as they were a few yrs back lol. But a few weeks. But the plus side like others have said is if you bf you might skip periods for a few months after. I think it was about 6 months for me.

With DD I bled heavily for about the first 4/5 days then it was just fairly light. I had to use towels obviously but only stuck to the massive maternity ones until the flow lessened then I switched to the light ones. The massive maternity ones I found hugely uncomfortable when sitting as down there was already very sore!

I bled for 6 weeks after DD. After the first few days I switched to thin maternity pads. I then breastfed for 10 months and didn't have a period for a year. SO I figure 6 weeks of bleeding over 19 months was actually quite a good deal :D

xxx

I bled heavily for around a week after labour but it went quite light after then and I had stopped bleeding by around 2 weeks pp.

I remember after having DD I would have to double up on maternity pads!
The bleeding was horrendous but I have a very hard birth.

It's a small price to pay for a baby though

I just used always thin overnight pads. They worked for me didnt want or need extra thick pads.

I always bleed for around 2 weeks. Then with breastfeeding I don't bleed for another year or so. Normally have one and then fall pregnant again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->