Is it weird that...

GabiRose

WTT
Reaction score
Whenever someone on BnB gets a BFP. has a baby or starts TTC etc I'm over the moon for them. But when it's someone I know in real life I just get really jealous :blush:

It's not weird, and it's not just you.

Sometimes I even get a little jealous when it's people on BnB too!

I find it's worse in real life because the people I know who get pregnant are rarely the type of people I expect, or they're people younger than me or who I knew in College and I get jealous watching how their lives are progressing better than I sometimes feel mine is. Also, women WTT on here clearly WANT children, and are constantly taking steps towards preparation. Somehow, it makes me feel less jealous that I know how they're feeling about it. Make any sense? I'm rambling a bit here. But I was thinking that exact thing this morning!

:hugs:

I don't know if it's weird or not, but I feel the same way!

i think its normal. its just harder when you have to see someone in real life and its right in front of your face, iykwim.

It's not weird, I feel like that too! At the moment my big thing is Facebook pregnancy announcements. I love Facebook and go on there about 5 times a day... lately it seems whenever I log on, another of my friends has posted their happy news and scan picture! Although I am so happy for them, every time I see another one a part of me just goes 'arrrrggghhhh another one! I'm so jealous! I wish everyone would just stop getting pregnant until we are ready to join them!' lol.

I agree with everdreaming too - I think sometimes it's people that you don't expect in real life, so it comes as a bit of a shock, whereas at least we are all in the same boat on a forum like this!

I am exactly the same but I think it is because I know the ladies on here who are off to TTC or get a :bfp: have been in the same boat as I am and had the WTT etc and I am just so happy that there have got to where I hope to be!

Whereas in real life people you don't see that side of things I guess :shrug:

i totally agree with twag, i think if you heard about peoples efforts ect in real life you woulkdnt be jealous.
its the ones where it 'just happened' that i get jealous of, the sort of people that have everything just fall in thier lap.

Totally, it's the ones where it "just happens" that I get sad about. I think it's because it's taking every fiber inside of me just to wait to try.

Totally, it's the ones where it "just happens" that I get sad about. I think it's because it's taking every fiber inside of me just to wait to try.

Couldn't have said it better myself :flower:

I don't think it's weird at all! I know you've had a lot of replies but thought what the hell might as well reply as well ;).

I think in some ways I know more about my friends her eon B&Bs journey than I do my friends in real life. Here I know all about the intimate details about how they are feeling, and all about there WTT/TTC/BFP journeys, where as in real life I probably don't no anywhere as near as much about what they've been through, so for some reason I feel more jealous when it happens in real life with my 'friends' than It does with my friends on here. I don't no, written like that it does sound kinda weird! hehe.

x

Yeah I guess the 'just happened' ones are the worst! And sometimes I get a bit jealous of the people who are my age and should reaally be waiting for the same reasons I am but decide to go ahead and TTC anyway. I know I should be happy for them, but that little green eyed monster does peek out it's little head!

It's not weird, I feel like that too! At the moment my big thing is Facebook pregnancy announcements. I love Facebook and go on there about 5 times a day... lately it seems whenever I log on, another of my friends has posted their happy news and scan picture! Although I am so happy for them, every time I see another one a part of me just goes 'arrrrggghhhh another one! I'm so jealous! I wish everyone would just stop getting pregnant until we are ready to join them!' lol.

I agree with everdreaming too - I think sometimes it's people that you don't expect in real life, so it comes as a bit of a shock, whereas at least we are all in the same boat on a forum like this!

facebook is my problem also. everyday i get on there seems to be either a new pregnancy announcement, a new engagement announcement, or a wedding. its about to drive me insane. its got to the point where i hardly get on anymore because all it does is make me sad/jealous. :nope:

I don't think it's weird 'cos I do the same. There are so many people around me getting pregnant recently. Only yesterday one of my OH's friends from school announced she was pregnant via FB and whilst I was happy for her, I was also incredibly jealous.

I make a point of telling OH about every pregnancy I hear about in the hope it'll make him broody. I don't think it's working. I'm not even sure he'll be ready for it when our LO is 5 years old!

I agree, and the closer the person is to you the harder it is. My best friend has just announced it and i always said to my husband it is going to kill me when it happens..... i have to say it hasnt been as bad as i thought it would..... as long as i don't think about it too much.

But the thought of seeing her with a bump and decorating a nursery etc makes me want to cry... even though i am over the moon for her really as i know she really wants a baby.

The think is in real life people don't talk about how much they want one, the pain, the highs and lows of waiting etc etc like they do on here, so i think you don't realise how much they wanted one.

It is making it really hard not to say to hell with it and try...... but it'll be worth it in the end!

x

completely know how u feel :( atm EVERYONE but me seems to be pregnant :(

completely know how u feel :( atm EVERYONE but me seems to be pregnant :(

Except you and me :winkwink: But I really felt like that today - had to walk past a park on the way back to my house and about 6 pregnant women walked out leading their LOs by hand with their other hand rubbing their fresh round bumps... :brat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->