• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Is it witching hour?

laila 44

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm back with my third :) you'd think I'd know all the answers right now but she's so different from my other 2! My first two girls never ever cried. Super content, easy stayed in bouncy chairs for hours, slept great etc. This little girl is just adorable but we seem to have a certain time of the day, around 730-9 ish that she seems very irritable and fussy. She may even cry the entire time. We changed her milk, she's on colic drips etc but the tricky part is that it doesn't happen every night! Some evenings she's perfectly fine and just sleeps and eats. Others she's a mess and cannot be put down at all until she settles into her nighttime sleep. My question is, is it colics or just a random witching hour? She's not really passing gas but during that time pretty much refuses her feed until she calms down. It's quite scary because she gets so upset :( never dealt with this before and I'm just looking for advice/ similar experiences. Her nights are generally good she goes 6 hours.

I wish I had advice. My baby has similar nights. Sometimes she can be put down when sleepy (and after a bit of holding) but awake and she will fall asleep on her own. Other times she will scream when put down even when seemingly asleep in my arms (she instantly wakes up when I set her down!). Those nights involve a lot of walking around with her. Exhausting!

My SIL was telling me that my niece has a mad hour every night before she goes to bed because that's just what does! My LO does occasionally too for seemingly no reason :haha:

My daughter did every night around 6ish for an hour or 2 just cried. Now my son 4 weeks old and has started doing it but around 7ish for an hour and a half. Havent tried any drops or anything yet. Just thought as my daughter had the witching time it was normal .

I'm just so exhausted from holding her all the time! Even in the deepest sleep she just wakes up instantly if I set her down :(

Is it just that hour?

My baby has the potential to cry whenever I set her down. Just did s midnight feed and she's asleep in my arms Hoping she doesn't wake and cry when I put her back in her crib!

It started off being just that hour but now it's an all day thing. She may have one good long stretch in her crib during the day but the rest of the time she wants to be held and even in arms she squirms etc. Very tough baby lol. My other 2 were angels and I feel like this one cries so much and I don't know why :(

It's really hard isn't it?? My baby did go back down in her crib last night after her midnight feeding thankfully. During the day I have to constantly hold her though if she isn't napping (and I usually have to 'prep' her for a nap by holding her).

I need to try a different sling/carrier because the one I have now is not working with my c section pain/incision. I love snuggles with her but I have trouble carrying her because my c section recovery is going so slow.

It's really hard isn't it?? My baby did go back down in her crib last night after her midnight feeding thankfully. During the day I have to constantly hold her though if she isn't napping (and I usually have to 'prep' her for a nap by holding her).

I need to try a different sling/carrier because the one I have now is not working with my c section pain/incision. I love snuggles with her but I have trouble carrying her because my c section recovery is going so slow.

It's definately exhausting! At night though she will go into her crib to sleep but needs resettling. The day is tough I have to wait for her to be in deep sleep to put her down and even then it may not be enough...I flat out refuse to carry her around all day in the sling. It's really not my thing and I don't want to get her accustomed to that. As much as they are babies, in my experience bad habits can definately form. So my pedi and I both agree that for us the best way to go about it is to just keep trying to put her in her space and eventually she will get the point. For now I'm riding it out, it's even harder because I have 2 other girls that need my attention as well and I just can't deal with having a baby hanging off me all day long lol.

I remember mum saying all of us were like this in the evenings. Normally passes by 3-4 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"