Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by ihavefaith, Dec 15, 2009.
How do you decide about IVF? what about the costs? Can anyone help thats been through this?
i was told by my gynae , you will need to be referred by your gp if you are having problems ttc and he will then make a decison
wehave 2 appts , 1 in Norway and 1 in london. norway will cost about £4k and london will cost about £10k. thats just a guidelie, could be more or less
speak to your doc and see what he suggests x
Muncho I see ur in hertfordshire, I am in Luton-Ru going private or do get any free goes on NHS? What trust do you belong to?
Ihavefaith I probably cant help you much as I dont have costs to worry about per se. It is a lot of decisions to make though and it helps to talk, to girls on here, hubby, friends etc to work out whats right for you. Good luck!
Hi Ihavefaith, what stage are you at? What options have you been given?
The cost depends on your area but I can give you an idea:
Conventional IVF (excluding drugs) £2560 - ICSI supplement £725
Embryo freezing & storage per year £275
Sperm Freeze & storage per year £270
Im not sure what the cost of the drugs are though im afraid.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info, although i live in Canada!hehe. I think i was told 8-10000$ approx. I have level 4 Endometreosis, and my left tube is blocked. My specialist says nows the best time for me to do IVF because i just had my lap surgery so she got alot of the Endo out and my age(29). She has a Specialist friend that i guess has agreed to see me asap so i wouldnt have to be on a waiting list. I just feel like everythings happening at once.
I thought maybe cuz i had 1 tube open wed have a chance naturally, but she said its slim to nil cuz of the Endo. Are you going through this?
i have replied back to your PM. Muncho and all my endo girls how about we start our own thread???? it seems we are going through our IVf cycle together. What do you think? I think its a fab idea. Lets not suffer endo and IVF alone!!!!
I was ttc for 3yrs and both tubes are blocked so IVF was my only way. I had to pay $6300 up front plus $110 for my syranal spray, $150 for sperm freezing. Since getting my BFP I have had to pay $210 for pessaries and $70 for blood tests and $98 for confirmation scan.
Our health system gave me a rebate on the $6500, they gave me $5200 back so that was good, but I had to wait 4wks before getting that.
So all up my OUT of pocket was just under $2000 I live in Aussie though.
If you are having trouble ttc you need to get a batch of tests done first to see if they can find the cause before you can move onto IVF.
Yes great idea!!!!!