Is labour actually as sore as it sounds?

Christine1993

Full-time mummy to Aidan
Reaction score
okay so ive started to love posting this thread things now haha so heres another. as the time draws closer i am starting to panic about labour :/ i would say im good with pain but ive never really had any severe pain so..haha. and giving birth looks so easy like on those underage and pregnant shows where u see them give birth? they make it look so easy haha. so im just wondering is labour actually as sore as everyone says it is? and another thing ive been leaking now for about 3 weeks but its only ever from my right boob and never from my left.is that normal?

its different for everyone. i would say for me contractions are the worst part, when your actually giving birth your concentrating so hard on pushing baby out that you dont really feel the pain, well i didnt anyway.

giving birth isn't easy but... you wont remember the pain when your holding your newborn so dont worry about it hun.
the more you worry the more it hurts.
its like a piercing or tattoo... the more you expect pain, the more painful it is.
go to as many classes as you can to help you along with breathing techniques (which as boring as they sound) they really work.
if i must be totally honest... as long as you dont have a forceps delivery you should be ok, but your mw will talk you through everything like that.
good luck x x x x x

Erm for me yes it was extremely painful, But not for everyone some people have an easier labour than others.

As said above, everyone has different labours and I thoroughly enjoyed mine (especially my last one) so I can't really say anything lol x

If it were that bad, no one would have more than one child :winkwink:

Its not easy no, and yes its painful. But its worth it. And like Rafwife said, if it was that awful everyone would only have one. Even 9 weeks after my son was born I wanted another one already. x

I think it's just how you percieve it in your mind. My first two I dreaded the pain, was all tense when having sweeps etc. I even had an epidural with my first son before they atarted me off because I was in such a panic about the pain.

This time however I'm am really excited about the labour part and in my mind looking forward to the pain because then the end is in sight. I think I've gone slightly mad this time :rofl:

It doesn't look easy but my Mum's had six kids so it can't be that bad... i think. :rofl:

But like others have said, once your holding your newborn i'm sure you'll forget about every bit of pain.

Contractions to me felt like very intense menstrual cramps. It took quite awhile for them to get unbearable- and I was induced, which is supposed to make them stronger??

Anyways I was induced at 8:30pm, had my epidural around 1:30-2am, but I didn't NEED it yet, the nurses just told me it would be a good time to start thinking about it.. my contractions got really bad around 6am like that's when I started moaning and eeeeee-ing, and then they turned up my epidural.

I ended up having a c-section but I pushed for awhile first.. I had back labour, that sucks.

But I don't remember the pain :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"