Is Maci a good nickname for Mackenzie

MillerBabe

Mother of 1
Reaction score
When my daughter Mackenzie was born we asked people to either call her Mackenzie or Maci as I can not stand the name Mac for her....now I feel guilty as this was my husbands idea and im not totally sure if it makes a good nickname...my husands entire side of the family already calls her Maci 90% of the time, but I feel like she should have gotten to chose her own nickname....

What about just kenzie? I guess Maci works okay though!

aww hun its fine. most of us dont chose our own nickname anyways. my name is brittany and my nickname has always been brat so i def didnt chose that one :haha: i hated it for years but finally grew to like it. My daughters name is also Makenzie :) most everyone calls her Kenzie though

yah i would have prefered kenzie as well but i had just given birth so i just let my husband decide....i was very surprised that she was a girl (i was so sure I was having a boy) so he decided the name/nickname ad I agreed...all I said was no one can call her Mac

thats part of the reason why i didnt want to spell my LO's name with a C :haha: plus i just like to be diffrent. you and DH dont have to call her the same nickname though do you? i know me and my DH dont always call LO the same thing. probably because i call her love bug alot but still :haha:

No we dont.....but neither of us call her Maci - and sometimes Im confused for just a sec when ppl say hows Maci? because my whole side of the family call her Mackenzie and so do we....Its got me quite upset for some reason...do you think she will grow up confused??

Can you just say to anyone who calls her "Maci" -

"Oh, we don't really call her that anymore, she never seemed to grow into it" and laugh it off xx

it might confuse her while shes younger but im sure she would figure it out. and thats a good idea. just let them know that you guys dont really call her that anymore

A good friend from high school was called mackenzie we all called her kenzo, she didn't have a say in it lol every nickname I've got is because someone else had decided to call me that. Maybe she will decide on her own nickname when she's older

Im not really sure how your pronouncing maci is it maci as in maccy (rain mac with ee on end) or sort of masey. If its the first way I would say no, its very masculine for a girl

If i heard Maci i wouldnt think her name was mackenzie thats the only thing i think kenzie would be better as it still sounds like her actual name iykwim?

To me Maci and Mackenzie are totally different, but shes your LO and if you like it who cares! :)

My friends little boy is called Mackenzie and gets called Mac, I like it :flower:

I don't link the two names together, but it's your child and you can call her whatever you want. You find more than enough people who probably refer to their child as "monkey" or something similar 90% of the time, but they still learn their name. I think as long as when you're teaching her name to her that you use her full name, then you can call her anything else you want to.

Like others said though, people very rarely pick their own nicknames....a few years down the line you may well have an 8 year old Mac coming home from school every day. If she doesn't like it, then she'll say something :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->