Is my 12 week scan too early?

molly86

Reaction score
Hi. I've just received my appointment for my 12 week scan but I think I will only be 10 weeks and 3 days. Is this a problem? Should I change it. Part of me thinks it's a good thing that I get to see baby earlier. But I would feel happier closer to 12 weeks so I can then tell everyone. Will they possibly then give me another one at 12 weeks?

If the '12' week scan is for a nuchal, that might be too early. My requisition form said 11-14 weeks. (and mine is booked exactly on 12.0 by LMP, while my OB clinic lists me 5 days earlier, so mine might be too early too)

I knew i was only 10weeks when i was sent for my 12 week scan.. I did tell my midwife that I ovulted late etc but said they would still go off my lmp. So sure enough when i went i was 10weeks and had to go back 2 weeks later as was too early they wouldnt even give me an edd at that appt even though the measured baby and told me how far along i was x

If the '12' week scan is for a nuchal, that might be too early. My requisition form said 11-14 weeks. (and mine is booked exactly on 12.0 by LMP, while my OB clinic lists me 5 days earlier, so mine might be too early too)

Yes I'll be having the nuchal test done as part of the scan. Maybe I should I ask them to put it back a bit.

I knew i was only 10weeks when i was sent for my 12 week scan.. I did tell my midwife that I ovulted late etc but said they would still go off my lmp. So sure enough when i went i was 10weeks and had to go back 2 weeks later as was too early they wouldnt even give me an edd at that appt even though the measured baby and told me how far along i was x

This is the same situation. My scan is based on my lmp even though I have long cycles and know I ovulated late. I should have lied about when my lmp was.

I say keep your appointment. If they can't see and measure the fold adequately (which they probably won't be able to) they will ask you to come back two weeks later and you get to see baby twice. No harm in that...

Thanks for replying ladies. I am keeping the appointment. So sounds like it will be a case of having to go back again a few weeks later but I do like the idea of seeing my baby an extra time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->