is my baby's heart rate 2 fast?!

GetNmyBelly

Reaction score
soo.. i'm worried (as usual) I had an ultrasound at 10+1 & the heart rate was 175bpm which the lady didn't say anything bad about she actually said "good strong heartbeat" .. then yesterday I went 2 a doctors appointment to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler & it was 174. doctor said 140-160 is usually normal but im early so shes not concerned. but I most definitely AM concerned. wat was ur baby heart rate at 10-11 weeks? should I stop worrying?

Nope one of mine was similar at the same gestation, they are both still higher than the average but well within 'normal' range.

I've heard that up to 180 is normal. When I was 12 weeks with DD, it was 171 and no one ever said that it was abnormal.

Yes do stop worrying....babys heart beat is always way faster than ours and by about 12 weeks it starts to go down. Please dont cause yourself extra stress. Drs are trained professionals who would not endanger a baby like that. If it was bad they wouldnt have said it was good. Also the heart rate changes during the day based on activity sleep etc just like ours does.

If there was cause for any concern your Dr would be on it hun so please don't stress x

Mine at 9+4 is around 180bmp. I wouldn't be concerned. On my friends doppler it said anywhere between 120-200 was normal! I've usually heard 120-180 so yours is fine :hugs:

It starts to slow down in the second tri but can stay in the high end x

I worried about the exact same thing!
My baby's heart rate is high too!
It was 185 at 8-11 weeks, then from 12 weeks: 175.
I went to the obgyn yesterday, she said it was fine. Baby was doing great and the doc said he even had his heart well formed with the 4 chambers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->