Is my boy eating a lot?

mac1979

Mommy to a Raptor
Reaction score
My 5 week old eats a 4 oz bottle every 4 hours or so (I feed only when he is showing signs of hunger). At night just before bed he gets a 5 oz bottle (it helps me get a bit more sleep). Is he eating an abnormally large amount? I have absolutely no experience with this. :shrug:

Sounds great to me.

Our DS who's 6 weeks eats about 5-6 oz every 3 hours. He was eating 4 oz at 2 weeks old which I thought was a lot! but our ped reassured us to let him eat. If he doesn't eat enough he'll cry, if he eats too much he'll spit it back up.
As long as your LO isn't spitting up constantly I'd say you're doing fine.

Our LO has 4oz every 4 hours and she is 11 weeks. I think this is mainly because she has only recently been diagnosed with a milk allergy so is slowly but surely upping her intake.

All babies are different so if he wants it he needs it, it's not common for babies to over eat

Lily just hit 4 weeks and she now has 4oz every 3-4 hours. We were giving her 3 but she was always still hungry afterwards and we'd have to make extra!

Does the 5oz bottle at night make him sleep longer? Lily manages about 4 hours at night before she needs another bottle but sometimes I feel like she's still hungry after the 4oz on a night!

Doesn't seem a lot at all, if they are draining the bottle consistently I would add another ounce

ETA- most babies don't go 4 hours between feeds that young my lo would have a couple ounces then 30 minutes later have another ounce and was more or less constantly snacking, he's not a big baby at all, I think if you feed on demand you cant go too far wrong some babies want little and often others go longer but want larger feeds.

I'm feeding on demand, my LO is 5 weeks and will drink any where from 3-6oz we have no set routine, when there this young just let them set the pace, we're currently having a fussy evening, where he'll drink little and often.. Don't stick to the 4hourly if their showing signings of hunger, just feed a couple of oz's in between, they may be having a growth spurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->