Is my Doctor on crack?

notmommyyet

Reaction score
Ok so when I had my hcg checked I thought my numbers were crazy high like out of this world. My OBGYN assured me they were normal. BUT I have read so many posts from women in here who were worried about thier numbers and other woman were stating thiers and nobody is on the same level as me. I just read one post where the lady said the day your period is due your numbers should be between 100-200. Well mine was 1310. "normal" is like 50-436. And ya I was 4w0d so just barely 4weeks. so is my hcg really "normal"? or is that not high?

You might ovulate earlier in your cycle meaning you are 1 or 2 days further on than you think.

By 5 weeks the normal HCG is up to 7000 and by 6 weeks up to 56000 so there is a HUGE variation hun xx

well I had my blood drawn on a monday and the monday before they were 13. they were doubling every 24 hours. So if they continued by that range by the time I hit 5 weeks they wouldve been well over 20,000. I wouldve beat the 7000 range by 4w2d

Plus I was doing my temps and I ovulated in the middle of my cycle it wasnt early

well I had my blood drawn on a monday and the monday before they were 13. they were doubling every 24 hours. So if they continued by that range by the time I hit 5 weeks they wouldve been well over 20,000. I wouldve beat the 7000 range by 4w2d

Doubling every 24hours is great and shows a strong healthy pregnancy. The rate they double at slows down considerably and your levels would even out ot normal.

If you are really worried then just tell your doctor to do another test xx

Ive already had my first scan and looks like theres only one. I know it could be missed. But Im just more curious as to why my doc said it was normal when cleary its high. When I first googled it all the respnses were women at 5+ weeks asking why thiers was so high at 1300. It cant be that normal if I cant find a single person on the internet with my numbers. It is a little worrying. I guess I was just looking for confirmation that it is high. Ive been telling friends and family how high it is and then he said that and I felt stupid.

Them numbers sound fine to me. Ive known women to av high HCG than that and had healthy pregnancy

everyone is different. If u read and went by everything on the internet then we would never be at ease

If youve had a normal scan, then the numbers WERE obviously normal!

You might ovulate earlier in your cycle meaning you are 1 or 2 days further on than you think.

By 5 weeks the normal HCG is up to 7000 and by 6 weeks up to 56000 so there is a HUGE variation hun xx

Hmm I think Dr. tell different things. Mine at 5 weeks was apparently 18 000! And my Dr. said that up to 30 000 is ok :shrug:

So to OP - if yours are high if Dr. doesn't worry then don't worry as well - at least they are not low right? And as long as the numbers are going up things should be good. Good luck!

If you have a normal scan, clearly all is well, so try to relax and enjoy!

If your doctor has years of experience I wouldn't worry. Sometimes Google can be our enemy. Hang in there and congratulations on your pregnancy.

Multiples?? or maybe vanishing twin. I agree that the numbers are very very high. When I was pregnant with twins that was my first indication of multiples (high levels) and it turned out to be true...

First off people on a forum are NOT more knowledgeable then doctors. There is a broad spectrum of what is normal for each person. High numbers do not always mean multiples. It how your body process hcg. If your doctor said it's normal it is. I am sure he is more then experienced enough to be able to answer that question better then anyone who just uses GOOGLE for info. Congrats on being preggo !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->