Is My HCG Level Good?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I had my first beta done and it was 55,000 at 29 DPO. Is this a good level? Does anyone know?

Everyones numbers are different...the only thing that matters is the doubling. If dr doesnt say anything about it, its a good level for where you are at. There is no specific level at a time as all babies develop at different times and hcg rises differently in each person.

Totally agree with pp. The range of what's normal is massive. At 5 and a half weeks my levels were only 1000 but within 24 hours they were 1406. It's more about how they double than the actual number. Saying that though your number seems fab, I see no reason you should be worried. Must be doubling nicely to get that high! :)

I had my first beta done and it was 55,000 at 29 DPO. Is this a good level? Does anyone know?

their right the progression is what matters, but with a number that high I imagine it has already doubled .....what did the doctor say? How far are you?

Like the others said, that's more the progression that matters. But your number looks good for 5weeks.
I had only 4700 at 5w4d!

Thank you for all your responses. I was actually 6w2d yesterday when I had my first beta taken but I know for a fact that I ovulated late this cycle so I'm only 29 DPO. My doctor just told me the level and said she wanted me to follow up with a second beta on Saturday (tomorrow) to make sure it was doubling but she didn't say whether it was a good number or not. I had some spotting going on, which was why she wanted to check my beta levels. I have no idea what is "normal" for me, as this was the first time I ever had a beta done in all four of my previous pregnancies.

Based on this chart, your levels seem to be in the normal (towards the high end) range for 6 weeks' gestation:
https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/

This site is also very useful in explaining things:
https://www.babymed.com/hcg-level-in-early-pregnancy

One important thing is, your levels will most likely NOT double every 2 days at this point ("Above 6,000 mIU/ml, the hCG often takes over four or more days to double", per the article), so as long as they go up, this is good and normal. If your doctor tells you otherwise, please don't let them scare you - ladies post here every day who have been told bad things by doctors just because their levels didn't double while at a later stage, and most end up being ok. As long as your levels increase at this stage, you're probably fine.
Also, ask your doctor if he/she can give you a scan. You should be able to see a sac/yolk sac at the very least at this point and with these beta levels, and possibly even a tiny embryo with heart beat. The article also says it somewhere that ultrasounds are much more reliable than beta levels after a certain point.

Good luck, keep us posted!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"