Is my LO wanting more?

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by N1kki, Mar 29, 2011.

1. N1kki

N1kki Guest

hi there LO is feeding every 4 hours during the day hes only 5 days old but after his night feed at 10pm or 11pm he seems to want more milk an hour or two later could this be a sign i should give him more milk?:shrug:

I've gone from 60 now to 90 to see how he responds i just want to get him to settle from night to early morning feed.:cry:

2. whoops

whoops Just me and my LO

Is he draining the bottles? General rule I'm following is if my LO drains two or three bottles in a row, I put an oz more in the next one.

She just drains the odd bottle now, and when she does that, I make up some extra and offer it to her.

3. Jibber Jabber

Jibber Jabber Maxy Moo's Mummy

Add a couple of ozs to the bottle and let him take what he wants, he's so little the chances are he will want regular feeds during the night for a good while anyway.

4. ke29

ke29 Well-Known Member

If they leave less than an oz you can add an oz if they leave more than an oz you are offering enough is the rule of thumb. He wont be sleeping through for quite some time yet im afraid!

5. bigbetty

bigbetty Mammam to a princess

When Fran had been on 5oz for a while she started wanting more at night. We just made bigger bottles for the night feeds until she started wanting 6oz all the time. It's best to make more and they don't take it than not have enough and you have to faff around making/heating more just for an extra oz or 2 - especially at night!!!