Is my miscarriage over?

florida_gal

Reaction score
I posted before that cytotec didn't work for starting my miscarriage, but now I'm wondering if it did work and I just didn't have as much tissue as I thought?

My baby was measuring just under 6 weeks and passed about one week ago. After I took the cytotec Monday night I had some bleeding and passed one large clot about the size of a lemon or larger yesterday morning. I did look at the clot to see if it could be the sac but it looked only like liver and I didn't see anything gray (sorry, tmi). I've had some other very small clots on and off. I never had any bad cramping, but I had also taken some Tylenol 3. Since then I am having no cramping at all and the bleeding has gone from light to pretty much none at all today.

Does this sound like I had the miscarriage, or not? I go for an ultrasound Friday but I'm driving myself crazy in the meantime waiting around and wondering. TIA ladies.

I forgot to mention that at my first ultrasound my dr said I may have a small subchorionic hemorrhage. Maybe that big clot was that? I have no idea!

It's hard to say. I've never taken cytotec as my miscarriages tend to be natural m/c that I don't find out about until I start bleeding, cramping, and clotting. Out of 8 miscarriages total, I've had 3 where I've passed only a few large clots and had only a few days of bleeding. Unfortunately, those miscarriages were blighted ovums and what would have been the gestational sac was measuring smaller than 5 weeks so it wasn't even visible on the u/s. There was also significantly less tissue to pass as the pregnancy never progressed after 4 1/2-5 weeks. With my other miscarriages (ranging from 7-9+4 weeks), I had period-like cramping that gradually got worse until I passed the sac. And they didn't look grey. They looked pinkish-purple in color and were obviously a different texture than a blood clot just by looking at it. My blood clots have always been a deep red color, flat in shape, and smooth in texture.

I know it's hard to wait it out but hopefully the next few days will go by quick and your ultrasound shows you passed everything!

Thanks so much. I have a feeling I didn't pass everything, but hopefully I'm wrong. My clot sounds exactly the way you described and I looked at it from both sides to see if there was anything else attached.

I cleaned the whole house today, washed the back patio, went for a long walk and jogged a little bit to see if I could get any cramps or anything, but no such luck.

Thanks again for your reply. This is my first miscarriage and I can't imagine how hard multiples must be. *hugs*

Thanks but it's not actually *quite* as bad as people sometimes think. Sure it's no walk in the park and I'm getting tired of having m/c after m/c but I DO have two kids born in between some of those miscarriages and 3 of my m/c have been blighted ovums so they've affected me way less than the others.

Anyway, I wanted to add that I have a history of hematomas as well and I had a m/c where the SCH remained attached to the sac when it came out. It's possible your clot was so large because you had blood pooling in your uterus due to the hematoma and it all came out when your cervix dilated when you took the cytotec. I hope things are all 'cleaned out' but I have to agree that it doesn't sound like it. It's totally possible though and hopefully your u/s will show that. FX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->