Is pullout a form of NTNP?

yogabmommy

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm new here. I have a little girl who turns three in October and I am very ready for a second baby but my SO isn't so much on board, which I personally don't think he will ever be. My question would be is pullout a form of NTNP? I'm going to assume not since "pulling out" is him trying to prevent. We have used condoms for two years now and while he didn't agree to TTC, he did agree to just pullout. What do you think? Do I have any chance? What actually IS NTNP? :wacko:

NTNP is basically no protection but not tracking either or not focusing too much on making sure you have :sex: on the right days. Pulling out is a form of protection, albeit not that effective, since the fluid prior to orgasm can also have sperm, or he could spill some on you or not pull out in time.

You do have a chance. Technically every form of prevention has a failure rate. But pulling out (probably particularly if you're not tracking and don't know when you're Oing) is probably the absolute least effective form of prevention.

I will say this, I was using the pull out method when I got pregnant with my first..... It's not very effective haha.

I also got pregnant using the pull out method!

I've been using the pullout method for two years now that I'm off BC, he is very careful to not time it too close. No accidents yet. I think it is a form of preventing, just have to have a guy that knows when to pull out haha

Pull out method is a form of protection although not excellent at it. Not trying, not preventing is just that. You do nothing to prevent yourself from getting pregnant. Both of my babies were conceived NTNP. I did try bc a little bit, but kept forgetting to take the pill and was too scared to get the arm implant. Tracking my cycle was also just too tedious for me and felt like work. Plus like I said I could barely remember to take bc when I was on it, let alone charting and temping.

Pulling out is a form of prevention, whilst many people swear it's an unreliable method (and I assume it is for men who have less control) but research is key, e.g there will be no sperm prior to ejaculation so long as your fella has peed since the last time. We've been using this method for 4.5 years and no babies - nor any close calls, whilst others say they got pregnant from it easily, it really depends on your man's self-control. Mine is very controlled because he's hell bent on no babies yet :lol:

As @Xpecta said...I also got pregnant my first time with the pull out method within one month. It definitely happens!

We use this method as Birth Control has not agreed with my bod after having had our daughter, with the acceptance, of course, that if I become pregnant, we're having another baby. So far, so good. It's been about a year w no pills or condoms.

Hey, I just popped over from the WTT board, since we will be NTNP in a few months, but just wanted to let you know... we have been using pull out as our only birth control for 7 years, and I have never gotten pregnant. Either one of us is infertile, or it has been working for us.

Same here. We hand been using pull out for 8 years and never got pregnant. However, we also intentionally doesn't dtd close to ovulation.

I'm sure it is not full proof.

We used the pullout method for a year and a half and I didn't get pregnant. I then got pregnant three months in a row once we decided to start trying (two early miscarriages and then a sticky bean). We only used the pullout method because if I did get pregnant we would have been ok with it, if we were really against having a baby we would have used a more reliable form of birth control.

We did the pullout method for 4 years and had no "scares". Works best if he has good control though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->