Is referring to LO as "the baby" common?

Phew..oh good..sounds like I'm not the only one who spent ages agonising over the "right" name for him only to forget to use it most of the time when he's here.:haha:

Never....Dont know why but we always just refer to LO by his name.

My dad calls LO "the baby" all the time!, it drives me mad!

I call him Benjamin/Ben/Baby boy/Stinky/Chicken/Little man/Grumpy and many more depending on his mood!

Never here, always call him by his name or one of his many nicknames! x

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It sounds strange when I call her by her name. I suppose I still haven't got my head around the fact that she's a whole other person. I kind of feel like she's still a part of me. I call her 'the baby' a lot and my husband often calls her 'the girl'! I also sometimes use he instead of she. I was convinced she was a boy for most of my pregnancy and always used he. It takes a bit of getting used to!

We don't use 'the baby'. Everyone calls him Rexy as that's I started calling him. But DH & I still call him Beanie. We wanted a sticky bean when I first got pregnant, which turned into referring to him as 'the bean' for the early part of pregnancy & this evolved into Beanie. He was Beanie for most of the pregnancy & we stayed team yellow so everything was 'Beanie's' whilst pregnant. The nursery was even Beanie's room! I couldn't bring myself to use his name when he was a newborn! It just seemed weird cos he wasn't Rex, he was Beanie! We do use Rexy loads more now but I think he'll always be Beanie. He'll love that when he's 18 I'm sure! lol

i use 'the baby' at certain points during the day like 'shhhh or your wake the baby'
i dont think owen knows his name is owen......... pretty sure he thinks its YO-YO
to the point he gets all flappy armed when any one says yo-yo on telly :haha:

I do sometimes call him 'the baby' amongst many other names, Munchkin, Munchkin Boy, Wriggly Bum, Hungry Monster, Hogwart, Grumpy Bum. It's quite rare I call him Jacob, poor buggar's not going to know his own name...

we have had to make a special effort to call her by name- i started getting paranoid that she would answer to munchkin before her real name. other nicknames i call her is sweet pea, missy moo, the angry dwarf and stinky bum

We say shhh or you'll wake the baby but thats about it, but we hardly ever call him by his actual name which is austin, its always
Oz
Oz-boz
Oz-boz-boodle
Ozzie
or monster munch for some reason!

Someone i know has a little girl who loves peppa pig and she calls her parents mummy pig and daddy pig and her baby brother george! that not his name obviously lol but if you call him by his name he has no clue your talking to him, if you call him george he responds lol!

^^lol

We call her by her name, never said the baby. We were team yellow, but she was Baby Bear.

We call her:
Callie Bear
Cal-Cal
Cal-bear
Missy bananapants
Babba bear
Princess
Princey-cess

we call Leo "little bur"....dont ask me why lol. it sounds ridiculous when i say it on here but in our house thats just his name lol. i dont call him that when i go out though lol.x

I called Avery the baby when she was little, but I think that stopped around 6 months or so. My DH and I only do that occasionally now.

She's either Avery, Avery Beth (DH hates that one) or Princess.

We call Sophie "the cub" more than her name :rofl:

She also gets called:

Cheeky chops
Little monkey
Little monster
Piglet
Smelly melly
Lambkin
Wriggle Piggle
Grumpalo

We have friends who call her "the Sophinator" as well!

We call Sophie "the cub" more than her name :rofl:

She also gets called:

Cheeky chops
Little monkey
Little monster
Piglet
Smelly melly
Lambkin
Wriggle Piggle
Grumpalo

We have friends who call her "the Sophinator" as well!

My OH's little girl (she's 9) is a Sophie too and for as long as I've been with him OH has always called her Bophie or little Boph for some unknown reason, no story behind it or anything, he just always calls her that.:haha:

I just realized a couple days ago I always say ''the baby''. And she's my 3rd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->