Is she self weaning?

Celesse

Reaction score
LO took her first steps a few days ago and since then has been very busy and hyper and not really interested in BFing. She also has the first 4 molars almost through. She was consistently having 2 feeds a day, first thing in the morning and mid afternoon. Now she is refusing the feeds or nursing for only a short period of time. But sometimes she will take a full feed if she is tired and she has been in bed with us a few nights this week and suckled to sleep. Also I'm 11 weeks pregnant.

I'm not sure if this is the start of self weaning, or if she just has so much going on at the moment that she hasn't the concentration to nurse. I'm also not sure whether to just go with it, or incourage her to self wean, or to encourage her back on the breast. She is almost 15 months and doesn't drink cows milk (however hard we try).

Any advice appreciated.

I'm guessing it is the molars, they hurt like hell, maybe her little just is bothering her still. I would keep offering, see if it rights itself, and maybe start mixing milk with breastmilk and do it that way. I don't know if this is any help at all.... :hugs:

I would just not offer,not refuse and see which way she goes from there.Were you planning to tandem nurse or would it be easier if she was weaned before baby comes along?

I can see pros and cons to tandem nursing and to weaning now.

She refused naps most of today, got herself overtired and then I managed (with a bit of fighting) to get her on the boob and she went to sleep and comfort sucked the entire sleep, crying if I moved or tried to move her.

I thought they didn't wean naturally until a little older but can have nursing strikes. Maybe its that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->