Is stress going to harm my baby:(

sandrass

Beautiful daughter Alessa
Reaction score
Ive been getting so stressed out over everything and crying at everything. The whole world seems to be against me lately and nothing goes right! Maybe its just my hormones...

Anyway at this point is the stress probably hurting my baby? Im so worried but I cant seem to stop stressing and crying :cry:

If you can calm down as much as possible would be best, but your baby should be ok:) It may be daft but whenever I am stressed or panicing I think of all the pregnant women who have husbands at war or in the twin towers the day they went down....they had healthy babies and they were/are under more stress than anything I could imagine. I do know that sounds crazy but babies are so protecting and I'm sure yours is ok. good luck! Hope you feel better and calmer very soon!

i feel the same its ok love we will be ok im sure of it :) we just got to look on the brigt side of life

it wont harm the baby but stress on you could raise your bp. i had an awful time when i was pregnant at work. and i remember my mw telling me that there have been pregnant women survive the most awful things like losing loved ones and catastrophies put my stint at work into perspective.

never did mine any harm he was 13days late and i was stressin all the way thro thinking i was guna loose him cos of previous mmc , try chill out but i dont think it can harm ur baby x

its an old wives tale that stress can make you miscarriage etc.
But it probably is best for you if you try and relax a little hun.
:hug:
xxxxx

I had the most stressful week of my whole life last week, and I had a scan on Tuesday and the MW on Thursday and she's absolutely fine xx

Ive been getting so stressed out over everything and crying at everything. The whole world seems to be against me lately and nothing goes right! Maybe its just my hormones...

Anyway at this point is the stress probably hurting my baby? Im so worried but I cant seem to stop stressing and crying :cry:

Oh hunni, I know EXACTLY how u feel about this. I've been sooo hormonal so far and cry at least every other day. Things r very up n down with my OH so I'm always on the verge of being upset. :cry:Anything sets me off and sometimes I'm hysterical to the point I can't catch my breath. Then I panic even more that I've upset / distressed baby. It's a harsh cycle. I'm my own worst enemy tho as I dwell on things and have too much time on my hands to think too much at mo so I work myself up in2 a frenzy of negativity.:wacko: Just try s'thing that chills u a bit...a warm bath with candles works 4 me sometimes. PM me if u wanna chat.:hugs:

I know it's easier said than done when people tell you not to worry, but seriously, although the stress will have an effect on you, it won't affect the baby.
My cousin lost her boyfriend when she was 8/9 weeks pregnant, so she had a total huge amount of grief going on. The funeral, adapting to life without him, being pregnant magnified it 10x more because as well as it being such a life changing thing being pregnant, obviously, she was going to be a single parent through no choice of either her or his own.
He went into hospital with Pneumonia, had a history of problems with his heart and it just gave in all of a sudden, so it was very unexpected.
Anyway, she gave birth on the 29th November to a very healthy little boy so it goes to show that although stress is a pain for us, babys are stronger than we think. ((((hugs))))

I've had a whole ton of stress going on too, my b/f had a bailiff come round today threatening to take stuff, so that's scary. And other stuff before that.

Seriously though, it is natural to worry, we all do it so you're not alone, but remember, if you ever need to talk to anyone, we're all on here to give you a helping hand.
Hope you're OK and remember, if you need to talk, you can PM me or just talk on the forum. You're not alone xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->