Is that a bump... Or is she just pudgy?

ShakeItBaby1

Mommy to Riley Elizabeth
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I hope everyone's doing well!! :)

So, as of yesterday I'm 10 wks & I was just wondering for all you ladies closer to where I'm at - do you find yourself stuck Inbetween bloat & an actual bump?! Mines not hard, but you can definitely tell I've gained some weight in my lower stomach. I was telling OH that I'm ready for a big bump, so people aren't just wondering if I've been eating a little too much (I hope that statement didn't offend anyone. I've always been on the smaller side, so for everyone that knows me, will just be wondering if I've gained weight!) :haha:

I think it depends on your weight normally. I'm quiet a small girl and my bumps noticeable already (8weeks+2) so you could possibly be showing a bump :)

I am 10 weeks 2 days and have a definite bump, not bloat. I was extremely small when I got pregnant with my first I didn't show until 32/34 weeks and I was 5'4" and 98 pounds and with my 2nd I didn't show until I was 22/24 weeks and I was about 115. This is my third and I am about 30 pounds bigger than my prepregnancy weight and started showing pretty quickly. My bump is pretty hard, high and round- no mistaking I'm pregnant :haha:
-I have lost over 10 pounds in this pregnancy though

Yes I'm coming up to 10 weeks with my 2nd.
I've lost quite abit of weight due to hyperemesis, I was only quite small anyway.
Despite my weight loss over the past few days my tummy is becoming a little rounded which I can not suck in! But I definitely wouldn't class it as bump so yes I'm in that annoying stage too. I think I look a really odd shape at the minute, skinny arms and legs due to weight loss but a slightly bigger stomach area, not cool lol :)

Lol!! I'm glad I'm not the only one. My "bump" isn't hard, it's more...spongy? If that makes any sense. It's not soft, and when you press on it, it's more springy. Lol. That probably sounds really weird. I'm only five feet tall and when I got pregnant, I was about 118 lbs. I'm up to 122.

No mine isn't hard either, more squishy which isn't great. Roll on our cute bumps hey, can't wait now.

I've lost quite abit of weight due to hyperemesis, I was only quite small anyway.
Despite my weight loss over the past few days my tummy is becoming a little rounded which I can not suck in! But I definitely wouldn't class it as bump so yes I'm in that annoying stage too. I think I look a really odd shape at the minute, skinny arms and legs due to weight loss but a slightly bigger stomach area, not cool lol :)

I agree! I was just looking at myself today thinking I look slightly weird because everything else is tiny and then my stomach area is quite big looking. :haha:

I agree! I was just looking at myself today thinking I look slightly weird because everything else is tiny and then my stomach area is quite big looking. :haha:

I carry most of my weight in my thighs/hips. Everything else is just skinny :) .

I'm 9 weeks and 3 days I've lost 7 pounds and i definitely have a bloat/bump. Its soft but i cant suck it in anymore ? So what does that mean, i dont know

I can still suck mine in. Not all the way anymore, but definitely more than it sticks out.

It definitely could be a bump, everyone is different!! I have a very noticeable bump which is rock solid, but I was pretty small before and am now having to wear maternity wear at almost 12 weeks. My midwife said it was rare for a first baby but very possible, good luck!!

It may definitely be a bump. I already wear maternity clothes at 10-11 weeks... I definitely have a bump. Uterus was huge at my 8 week scan btw.. tiny bean in a guuuuge mansion.. as my fiance says, it must be a girl with a gym and a play area and a bedroom and a room for guests even.. :haha: I agree, it is such an annoying stage, I never expected to show so early, luckily found some "perfect" (that's the name I am not kidding) work trousers from GAP and patterned tops with small cardigans from Next... And they are miraculously hiding the bump!! Yay! I would like to wait a few more weeks before I tell my employers as still trying to figure out what would happen with my fiance's new Australian job, and what would happen with my job after the birth!! On top of it all, getting married in Las Vegas this week.. Had to get a dress several sizes larger.. To be honest, I simply look fat in it.. lol... Oh well, life goes on regardless!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->