• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Is the tiredness making anyone else miserable?

EmmaM2

new mummy
Reaction score
I'm feeling really down in the dumps today - i'm so tired and its sucking the life out of me. I fall asleep about 8ish (usually try and stay awake until 9) so hardly see my husband, i have no energy to do anything, and can't even have caffeine to perk me up! Just feel i have no life. To top it off i have a problem with my pelvis which is really sore but i can't have pain killers, i was awake from 2am this morning which is making me even more tired...... I then start feeling guilty for being miserable as i do love being pregnant and i know there are so many people who would love to be in my position. Sorry for the rant, this is a bit of a pointless thread but i'm just feeling really miserable today and needed to let it out.

I know how you feel. When I am tired I always get super grumpy, then feel guilty! It's totally normal I think! X

Don't worry hun, you will feel better soon :hugs:. I was also quite tired few weeks ago, but now I am starting to feel better. Sometime I still feel tired in the office, and would try to catch a cat nap, but other than that, I am feeling more energetic than few weeks ago.

About the caffeine, I think a little bit should not do harm. I am not drinking coffee anymore, but still sometime I like to have a hot cup of lemon tea in the morning.... And about the pain killer, I think Paracetamol or Acetaminophen are OK to take. You can always ask your doctor if you are not sure, but most people would tell you that those are OK.

thanks sunshine - just feeling sorry for myself today. Glad to know i'm not alone. Keep bursting into tear (bloody hormones) and my poor husband doesn't know what to do with me bless him!

Thanks Katherine - i do have a cup of tea in the morning - can't get up otherwise! Could really do with some more in the evening but trying to avoid it. I really need ibuprofen or another type of anti-inflamatry but have been told not to :-( hopefully the chiropractor will sort me out soon and i will feel better. Thanks ladies, i'm starting to feel a little better already - i do love this forum sometimes!

im feeling the same! im at work on my feet for 9 to 11 hours a day and i get home and im grumpy and no energy and i just feel like i could lay down and not get back up again lol
im hoping it will pick up but prob wont for another 4 months hahaha

Aww hun I just wanted to say I totally sympathise, I was exactly the same as you at the same stage. I think if you look at people's tickers you'll notice a pattern around the 6 week mark! I was the worst about week 6-8 and then the tiredness just eased off! I thought I was unable to cope because of the morning sickness but I noe realise it's so much easier without feeling drained of energy constantly! It will get better! xxxx

Please dont feel guilty. I feel the same too, I made a thread about it a few days ago. I felt soo drained & still do, its an awful feeling & I have said to mayself a few times that i have had enough & dont want this to continue because it was getting my down soo much. I have always wanted a baby & while this pregnancy was not planned & came out of the blue I do want it I'm just not loving the feelings that come with it.

I did a GCSE in child development at school, we spent a whole year learning about pregancy & studdying someone who was pregnant. I dont care how many books or case studdies you do, nothing can ever prepair you for pregancy & all that comes with it. Its been quite a shock to me so far.

I'm sure this feeling will pass, i'm hoping & praying anyway. What I am doing is eating things that have high energy things like fruit, brown pasta & rice, poridge etc to try & keep me from feeling so drained. so far its working, as long as i keep eating I dont feel so bad.

I cant help with the pain things i'm afraid, if you go & see your doctor & explain how much pain your in maybe he could prescribe something for you thats safe to take in pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"