Is there a chance I have Pcos?

Destiny08

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've been TTC number 2 for 2 years now, with not even a sign of a BFP. I feel pregnant with DD very quickly and unexpectedly, as she wasnt planned at all. however during that pregnancy, I had bleeding at 11 weeks, ketones in my urine throughout the pregnancy, and developed pre-eclampsia around 36 weeks.

so lately i've been thinking...maybe I do have PCos and maybe DD was just...luck lol. before now i have written it off as a possibility as I have DD and fell pregnant so quickly.

so here are the reasons!
firstly, my cycles are incredibly irregular. the shortest one i have had is 19 days and the longest has been 69. I'm not even 100% sure I ovulate. I have taken OPKs which i have read as being positive, but anytime i have posted here, nobody has agreed that it's positive. my BBT also goes up after the suspected O, but my BBT is usually around 35.8 C pre-o and 36.15 after. so not a huge jump, and still a very low BBT

hair growth. i've always been a rather hairy woman lol. i have upper lip hair, crazy bushy eyebrows. and waxing for me is not worth it, as the hair still grows back just as fast as when i shave. i have really hairy arms. and i even have hair on my fingers and toes. (which according to DH is unusual.)

weight gain. I was actually incredibly underweight before I had DD, but I now weigh as much as I did at 9 months pregnant. and it wont go anywhere. though i also don't gain weight. i fluctuate between 143 and 154lbs depending on when i weigh myself. but im usually about 143. i'm 5ft 9 too, which leaves my BMI at a perfectly normal 21.1

thinning hair - i have this. the amount of hair that comes off my head when i brush or wash it is incredible.

so yes. does anyone have any ideas? is it possible that i do have Pcos?

oh I'm also 24 if that makes a difference!
TIA :flower:

If you are concerned your doctor should be able to run tests to see if you do have PCOS. All of the things you listed could be other things/coincidence. If you've been trying for 2 years without any luck your doctor should run tests anyway. It's usually after a year they will run tests. I'm not sure about the keytones and pre-eclampsia, but I know bleeding during pregnancy can happen to anyone and it's not a PCOS thing.

There's thin PCOS and overweight PCOS
There's women with thinning hair and women with incredibly thick hair
There's women with unruly cycles and women with relatively normal cycles

You could have it. Or you could not. Get to the doctor. Have them run test and an ultrasound to look at cysts. Many have conceived with pcos with the right medication! Hoping this leads you to your bfp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->