Is there always a faint line on pregnancy tests?

WaitnWonder

Reaction score
Probably sounds like a stupid question but hear me out. I think I can see the faintest of faint lines on my test but I am the ONLY one, so may be my eyes/head playing tricks on me. When I hold it up to the computer screen my friend can see another pink line but only when I do that; she says all tests would have that wee line in them for the hormone to come through on ? My heads in such a muddle. Period has been a no show for 4 days so Im clutching at straws here xxx

There will only be a line if your pregnant :) Go to the doctor for a blood test or maybe take another one tomorrow AM? I'm hoping to see any type of line next week!
Good luck!!! :)

Thankyou fellowes79 fingers crossed!! I just dont know, i have always had such a short cycle around 22 days so could be cycles finally sorting themselves out after like 2 years lol but hopefully this is it!! I just dont know whats going on. Stupid doctor says he wont do bloods until tests arent showing and period still hasnt shown by 3 weeks :S xx

I get a second almost non visable line on pretty much every brand test I get. I'm not sure why, maybe I have a naturally high hcg level while NOT pregnant (women can have up to 5miu of hcg even when not preggers) but every time me and dh and both see a line, mostly on frer's. Now I know what the unreal line looks like for me on all the tests though lol. I was really mad when it first happened over and over so I looked it up and it says with frer anyways that this line I see CAN be the start to a bfp or just an indent! Lol. So now Ill only believe it if I def see a colored line. Evaps have broken my heart too many times because they can show up immediately and I never knew that before. Hopefully urs is a bfp but wanted to share some of the info I learned on almost non visable lines or "evaps". Good luck! i hope u get ur bfp and ill be stalking!

I feel like any sign of a line is a good thing! I've never had a faint line so I have never had to call the doc for a blood test, so don't listen to me :) Are you having any other symptoms? I test on 3/10... So nervous and impatient. My fingers are crossed for you! :)

Aidensmommy- I hit submit to soon. Good luck, sending positive thoughts your way!
Question for you guys.... In the past 2 months I started spotting before AF for the first time EVER. Of course the first month I thought it was IB. Ugh! Have you ever heard of this? If it happens this month I am going to the doc. I am just blaming stress as of now...

Could be stress honey, womens bodys are weird thing so sorry im not much use im sure theres a billion reasons as to why, have your periods been normal once they do start? Thanks aidensmummy1 I just want to know either way even if it was a bfn I wouldnt be in limbo like this. I have just had such an appetite for the last 10 days odd; like a horse wouldnt fill me lol its crazy!! And cramping for the last maybe 12 days :S which I never get. Also my CM didnt change back to tacky after expected ovulation, until maybe yesterday it went tackyish again. Odd body if 0im not lol xx

Your hcg levels should be doubling each day just now if you are pregnant, so if you had a faint line yesterday, it should be darker today! Try testing again, first or second morning urine is best or don't have a drink and hold your wee for a few hours until you test so it isn't too diluted. Good luck x

In my experience certain ICs can sometimes give verrrry faint lines even when not pregnant but they're colourless, and not even a full line.. More like the edge of a line.

What brand were you using? Fingers crossed you get a definite BFP next time you test :)

Thanks, Waitn! My periods are normal after the spotting ends. It usually starts a week before AF comes (which is today) so clearly I'm spending the day in the bathroom, ha!

Did you test again this AM?? Good luck! :)

Aidensmommy- I hit submit to soon. Good luck, sending positive thoughts your way!
Question for you guys.... In the past 2 months I started spotting before AF for the first time EVER. Of course the first month I thought it was IB. Ugh! Have you ever heard of this? If it happens this month I am going to the doc. I am just blaming stress as of now...

yes me! Lol actually this past cycle I had it happen. I had just got done saying "I never ever spot, AF just shows lightly right off" and then I got a big glib of pink in my CM and then AF was here the next a.m! There's so many diff factors that can cause this but its usually nothing to be worried about =) Of course if something doesn't feel right to you, call ur doctor but I bet ur A-okay! =) many women on here spot before AF actually comes. Do u ever get any sharp pains in just one side of ur lower abdomen with or before this spotting?

Thanks, Aidensmommy! The last couple of months I haven't really been getting sharp pains with the spotting. Although, the past 2 days I have been! Spotting hasn't started yet though. I'm not allowing myself to read into these things anymore as it just makes me CRAZY :)
When are you due to test?
Ps- Aiden is one of my fav boys names :)

Ok, so I just jinxed myself. I just started either AF a week early or spotting. Ugh!

Sorry to hear that Fellowes79 :( hopefully its implantation this month instead ;)!. I havent had the guts to retest yet...although AF still hasnt reared its ugly head so guess thats always a positive either way :). SOOO bloated its crazy, could be a pregnancy or AF symptom so still none the wiser xxx

Retest in the AM! If you saw a faint line I have a good feeling for you!
Spotting is now brown/barely there, blah. Thanks for listening and keep me updated! :)

Sorry to hear that Fellowes79 :( hopefully its implantation this month instead ;)!. I havent had the guts to retest yet...although AF still hasnt reared its ugly head so guess thats always a positive either way :). SOOO bloated its crazy, could be a pregnancy or AF symptom so still none the wiser xxx

Good luck! Fingers crossed for you that when you re-test you will see those double lines with colour <3

Any update waitin??

Still havent tested chic. I am literally so scared. I have been crying all day over a baby I helped deliver the other day (4 days after the birth!!) lol. So def more emotional than usual. But that could be a sign of either way again. Still no sign of anything - I usually get really sticky sort of CM 3-5days leading up to my AF and I havent had that :/ xxx

I was using a FR test; it wasnt colourless was definately a very very faint line which was pink. And guess what ladies - I tested again this AM. I cant believe it, i was only trying for one month!! Two cycles though as mine are very short but still!! Wow :D

Attachments

• WP_20140304_009.jpg
    WP_20140304_009.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583