is there anything i can do? need help

TxTTC

Reaction score
Im 2 days away from my next cycle beginning, and just found out that DH wont be able to come home the week we were planning to TTC. His homecoming has been pushed back 8 days! Is there anything I can do to prevent the cycle from starting on schedule? So that ovulation could be pushed back also?
Could birth control pills push it back?

I guess that would depend on if you're on birth control right now? If you're on it now then you can take a couple extra pills and then stop but then if you're just coming off it next month then it's more than likely to just mess up your cycles.
If you're just thinking of taking like a weeks worth of pills then that's very likely to really mess up your cycle and I highly highly recommend not doing that. It just puts more hormones in your body that it doesn't need.
Every body is different but for me I'm pretty much against hormonal birth control of any kind. It was prescribed to me when I was 16 and I didn't realize how much damage it did until I came off of it years later. And it didn't fix the problems I was having which was why I was prescribed it in the first place. And with those problems I've only ovulated once since coming off and am still here.
Sorry, not trying to be a downer but I don't think there is really anything you can do at this point. And I hope this made sense, I think I'm just having an 'off' day...
Wish you the best this cycle!! Baby dust!!

I wouldn't try to do anything. You don't know how it may affect your cycle. The one cycle my O was delayed was the cycle I was taking EPO. But even then it was only delayed by a day or two, though I've heard it can delay it a few days.

Though I understand, my OH is going out of town this weekend, the weekend I should O. I just think you need to just accept the fact that this cycle might not work out. Are you temping so that you can confirm when ovulation occurs?

Ovulation has been like clockwork. Always CD13. This was going to be our only chance to TTC until Dec. :( He was scheduled to be home on July 2, but now it wont be until the 9th or 10th at the absolute earliest. Ovulation will be on the 4th. :(

And I havent been on bc pills, a gf thought it might help delay it though. I do have short cycles though, only 21 days long.

I wouldn't try to take anything to delay O. I'm in the same boat as you, my DH works out of the state and this month has been the only cycle he's been here during O time since like January. It's so frustrating!! But there's nothing I can do about it. :( But everything happens for a reason! GL :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->