Is this a bad idea?

Samantha675

Maybe baby #3?!?
Reaction score
Taking Bren to a music festival?

So the festival is about a 20 minute walk from the house. I thought we could just put him in the baby carrier and head down for the last show as it is the Foo Fighters. Plus the tickets to get in are free. But I am worried about the heat, and all the people and the show being at 8:30. I usually put him to bed around 9, but I also know he will sleep on me. :hissy: I don't know what to do.

Ahh- go see the Foo fighters, you will be teaching Bren to appreciate good music.

Sorry to be a wet blanket,but I would have to say no. There will be really drunk people there,screaming loud people who bump into everyone,people who do drugs who are out of their mind and of course a few nice people who just want to enjoy music but these festivals are not a good place to take a baby. It's all nice to let your child appreciate music but at this age I doubt if he will appreciate Foo Fighters.Rather ask someone to do some babysitting. Unfortunately sacrifices are part of parenthood.Just my opinion.It's your choice.

I think its okay providing your standing well out of the way from the main crowd. And your only going to see one act so wont be there too long. I'd just have him in his sleepsuit already, then that way your just popping him into bed when you get back.

Oh and if you don't feel comfortable taking him, you HAVE to get a baby sitter, Foo Fighters are amazing live! xx

He's still adaptable enough to not care more than the fact that he is snuggled up sleeping on his mom. I think you should go for it!

I think you should take him,it's gonna be a fun experience for you guys!
But just stay away from the main crowd,they can get quite pushy,plus there'll be a lot of smoke surely.
I'm so jelaous on the Foo Fighters!

Do it!

And if needs be just dont stand near the front so he wont be squashed lol.
But you need to consider the noise, sometimes it can be horribly loud and can hurt your ears. If its an option buy some ear muffs or some of those adjustable size head phone things as both of those will block out the sound abit for him, protecting his ears and also maybe helping him sleep better through the noise :D

is it indoors or outdoors?

if out, i'd go.

if in, i wouldn't - reason - noise.

sorry to be brief, i'm knackered!

I probably wouldn't take caitlyn, too late, too noisy and too dangerous IMO.

Its personal choice though! You should go though Foo fighters are awesome xxx

Well it didn't end up working out. We loaded up, being sure to take loads of things to make sure Bren was comfy, including some cotton to put in his ears if I thought it was too loud.

We get down to the entrance, and loads of people are already leaving, including many people with little ones, so I was feeling ok. But we get in, and it was soooooo dusty, I could taste and feel grit inside my mouth. I turned to my DH and said no way am I exposing Bren to that air. As it is a big festival in an park, the dust is a problem every year, and I didn't know how bad it actually was. If it hadn't been for the dust, it would have been fine as the Foos were the only band on, the temp was nice, and there was plenty of places for us to stand, and not be near the crowd but still hear.

So we got to hear the Foo Fighters playing all the way home.

And yes, they are awesome live, as we saw them in Paris 2-3 years ago!

Aww hun! You made the right thing. Good thing you heard the Foo's !!! We went to their show in Montreal when I was 9month pregnant and Josh was never so active in my belly! He couldn't stop kicking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->