Is this a boy thing or just a baby thing?

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
My son is 10 months old and for ages now, when he plays with his toys, he's so aggressive! He chucks, throws and whacks them around. If I surround him with toys, he just kicks them away and then grabs them back again. He also snatches things - which isn't fun when I'm feeding him as his food often ends up on the floor if I'm not quick enough. I guess I'd say he's very boisterous. His latest thing is to smack my hand or my legs all the time I'm just wondering if it is a boy thing or if girls are so rough with their toys? It's quite funny to watch.

My daughters like this she's currently going through a stage of taking any food out her mouth looking at it and putting it back in her mouth only to pick it out again lol it's completely gross and unladylike :haha:

I don't know the answer but my son is very physical. Always banging and throwing things and generally tearing up the place. To me it seems like a boy thing but I've no experience of baby girls!!!

My boy is like this, my girl was not. She is very gentle. We went to a wedding recently, she is obsessed with babies and the mother of a baby commented how my girl was so gentle and that she constantly watches her son with the baby coz he is just so rough!
I kind of think its more a personality thing than a girl/boy thing though. Xx

Lol yeah my little girl is very rough with her toys. She will throw or kick at them...and often takes tantrums if they dont do what she wants xx

Normal baby stuff. Sophie loves bashing her toys, especially on the highchair tray.

My boy is just like this! He finds it so funny! He also likes bashing them of my head lol

Yep my boy likes bashing things, I got him some bongos but he prefers to play them with his feet :shrug:

Yep! bashing stuff makes a loud, fun noise! My son does this and so do both of my nieces, it's a phase they go through.

My girl thinks throwing wooden blocks at my face (and at the dogs) is the best game ever. She's also big into kicking/slapping.

My LO has a routine of crawling over and smacking a button that makes noise, crawling over to his drum to start it up, and throwing a few baskets in his basketball goal. I have him on video crawling over to various loud toys and getting the sound going and crawling off. He likes loud noises and anything he can bang. Also, anytime he's near another baby he will immediately swing at them and try to hit. He's not even trying to be mean, it's just what he does. :shrug:

My LO's nickname at the moment is BamBam!

I think it's the age, rather than the gender. He currently loves smacking surfaces with his palms (food tray, tables, floor, mummy's chest), smashing his rattles and toys on the floor, grabbing handfuls of hair (human and dog) and also does that trick where he spits out a mouthful of food onto his hand, inspects it, then stuffs it back in his mouth.

I've spent the best part of the last 2 hours (its 4am) having my face scratched and my hair pulled out :-(

My LO's nickname at the moment is BamBam!

I think it's the age, rather than the gender. He currently loves smacking surfaces with his palms (food tray, tables, floor, mummy's chest), smashing his rattles and toys on the floor, grabbing handfuls of hair (human and dog) and also does that trick where he spits out a mouthful of food onto his hand, inspects it, then stuffs it back in his mouth.

Yep - couldn't have said this better myself - Maddie has become BamBam in the last week! :)

I think it's a "kid" thing. My daughter was much more rough with her toys then my son. She also rough houses with him and often makes him cry from being so wild with him. I think it just depends on the individual child - not the gender. I know "rough" females and "softer" men and vice versa. :)

It's just a normal baby thing I think. My LO can be very boisterous. She threw my mobile phone across the room in anger yesterday and played with dog poop today. She always snatches things and will often take good out of her mouth. Manners are the last thing on a baby's mind! :haha:

My girl thinks throwing wooden blocks at my face (and at the dogs) is the best game ever. She's also big into kicking/slapping.

Same. My girl will also pull hair very. hard aswell if she gets a chance. I'd say she's quite boisterous.

Must be a baby thing then, although I do wonder if as a PP said, and it could be more a personality thing than just a general baby thing. I was asking my sister in law about my 3 year old niece and she said she was always really gentle with her toys and preferred to stroke and cuddle them rather than throw them around. And my friend said that when her little boy plays with his little girlfriend who is a couple of months older, she says they play so differently - her boy is much rougher whereas the little girl is more gentle. She said they've always been like that.

My son isn't even crawling yet and I hate to think what it's going to be like when he is! He's going to break everything in sight!

But he does give kisses now which makes up for all the slapping and whacking that I encounter every day. Although saying that, sometimes I ask for a kiss and get a slap instead!

All my boys have been rougher than my girls ! I have 4 girls & 3 boys x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->