Is this a growth spurt?

Leanna5813

Reaction score
My 4 month 3 week baby boy has been sleeping basically all day long. He has been fussy the past couple nights, fighting me when it's time to nurse to sleep. Last night he didn't go to sleep until 1 and woke up at 8 to eat, slept again until noon then was awake for maybe two hours and is sleeping again. He has done this a couple times since he was born. He has never slept this long at once though. I don't think he is nursing more often, which I know is a classic sign of growth spurt. The only thing different these days is he has been more vocal and his coos sound more like words. (We have noticed him "saying" ma, hi, and yeah...all things we repeat to him often since birth) He has also recently learned to roll over and is trying hard to pull himself up into sitting position, plus he's discovered his toes. So he has done a lot of developing lately. I'm just concerned that maybe something is wrong because he has been sleeping all day.

He might be exhausted as they go through so much around 4 months. The fussiness can be from being overtired. They tend to be a bit harder to settle.
As long as he doesn't have a temperature, eats well and has the normal amount of wet and dirty nappies I wouldn't be worried and let him sleep it off.
X

Could be combination of developmental, overtiredness and sleep regression which lo's tend to get around 4 months.

Am sure if you just stick to what you normally do for a routine then lo will fall back in place soon, can be rubbish time though! Tiring and wondering why you cant make it better!

All sounds normal to me anyway honey.:flower:

My LO is around the same age as yours (4 months +2 weeks) and he has been sleeping a bunch the past week too(before this he seemed to want to always be up and was impossible to get to sleep lol). He maybe stays awake for 6-8 hours in a 24 hour period..also tends to get cranky/fussy more often on certain days especially after being awake for a while. They must be going through some sort of growth spurt at this age?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->