Is this a normal hcg level

Bindi002003

Reaction score
Hi there I am 5 weeks pregnant and my hcg level was 2380 is this in the normal range of 5 weeks pregnant I don't have an ultrasound until 8 weeks and I am a little worried please help me

Hi i think that sounds fine, try not to get too hung up on just one number. You can only really judge a hcg level when you have two samples taken a couple of days apart. Congrats!

Hi i think that sounds fine, try not to get too hung up on just one number. You can only really judge a hcg level when you have two samples taken a couple of days apart. Congrats!

Thanks it's like I am a first time mum all over again it's been 4 years since my first and this is a much wanted second baby so worried about everything

Looks fine but like mentioned above a repeat blood test can only confirm things are progressing positively <3 are you having another hCG count done?

Looks fine but like mentioned above a repeat blood test can only confirm things are progressing positively <3 are you having another hCG count done?

I think so in about 2 weeks. Why should I be worried if I only have one done?

I wouldn't say worried but usually they take at least 2 counts to see if the hormone levels are rising at expected levels. Could be they are satisfied with the result, if it was in 2 or 3 figure digits they would have repeated.

<3

I wouldn't say worried but usually they take at least 2 counts to see if the hormone levels are rising at expected levels. Could be they are satisfied with the result, if it was in 2 or 3 figure digits they would have repeated.

<3

Ok thanks I do know I have to go back in for some blood tests that they forgot to run but it's a new doctor that I am seeing so just making sure that they are doing everything right..I am 6 weeks tomorrow and have my first ultrasound at 8 weeks I am so excited

Just looked at the blood test form and they are checking hcg again when I am 8 weeks so fingers crossed

Usually it&#8217;s done 48-72h after to judge how quickly it is doubling but the fact that they only did one is indicative that there were no red flags. I have only had serial betas done because of bleeding or other complications. Congrats!

And your level was close to mine this last pregnancy. I was 397 at 4w1 doubling every 35h so at 5 weeks I would have been just about where you are :). Though hcg counts can wisely vary

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->