Is this AF or still mc bleeding?

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by sd2983, Apr 6, 2009.

1. sd2983

sd2983 Mum of 1 and WTT

Hi - any advice would be appreciated.

I mc'd on 10th March bleeding finally stopped 27th Match after being on and off. No bleeding for 3 days then started on 30th March (last Mon). I am still bleeing now and cramps have started today.

My questions are

- Can AF come so soon after mc (and after 3 days bleeding)
    - And if so - does the first AF bleeding last a long time i.e 8 days so far usually 4-5days.

Thanks

Sarah X

2. rachjim98

rachjim98 I love my Family!!

Hi Sarah, sorry for your loss:hugs:

Well I bleed for 3 weeks heavy to light then went a week without any bleeding and then got AF. She was heavier then usual and lasted 8-9 days. More cramping then usual but not extremely painful just more noticeable. The following AF's were normal.

Hope this helped, :hug:

3. little_em

little_em Mammy to Charlie

So sorry you're going through this. I think you have to have 20 bleed free days before it can be classed as AF. xxx

4. chella

chella mummy of 3 & 1 angel x

Hey Sarah

so sorry for ur loss im in the situation where i am now waiting for my af and hopin it doesnt decide to show in at a bad time too lol (unprepared) I had induced mc 12th march and stopped bleeding sun/mon but still a better safe than sorry gal and wearin pantyliners but i have this feeling mine is near so i shall be asking the same questions as u!!!

I was told that u can bleed upto 10days and then after that like u were told it goes back to norm, also i was warned about the crampin, but id say its a af as uve had a break from the bleeding u were havin!

All the best in trying again and hope u have some very good news very soon

Take Care xxxx

5. sd2983

sd2983 Mum of 1 and WTT

Thanks ladies and sorry for your losses.

Bleeding has almost stopped today like the end of a period. I think I will take a pg test tomorrow - if it shows neg I will treat this as AF and start trying again. Need to get that BFP again soon for my own sanity.

Thanks and :hug:

Sarah x