Is this always this difficult to figure out? (I'm the husband)

Waiting for my first ultrasound seemed like it took an eternity, even though I only had to wait a week between seeing the midwife for the first time and going in for a scan. I'm not quite as impatient for the second scan in two weeks, but I'm sure I'd be losing it if I had any uncertainty about dates.

This question is really out there, but, I don't really know who else to ask this to... Is it normal to be thinking/worried about the baby not being healthy? My wife and I have been so excited about all of this but out of nowhere, I've all of a sudden been worrying that the baby isn't going to be healthy and wife isn't happy with me for thinking this way...I'm not either. I want to just be psyched about this... Is this normal??

This question is really out there, but, I don't really know who else to ask this to... Is it normal to be thinking/worried about the baby not being healthy? My wife and I have been so excited about all of this but out of nowhere, I've all of a sudden been worrying that the baby isn't going to be healthy and wife isn't happy with me for thinking this way...I'm not either. I want to just be psyched about this... Is this normal??

It's completely normal to be worried about your baby's well being! That's what being a parent is all about. It sounds like you have a better natural instinct than most men do. Most men it doesn't really hit them until later in pregnancy and sometimes after the baby is born!

I know I'm obviously not a man, but I'm basically in the same predicament as you where my wife is carrying our baby. She can feel the symptoms, she feels pregnant, whereas I don't feel anything. I'm constantly worried about her and the baby and ask her probably 15 times a day how she's feeling and how she's doing. It's a good, normal thing you're feeling :thumbup:

I think it's normal, I'm a bit of worrier, and I do prefer it if my dh can be positive but also realistic and supportive.
Xx

So today was pretty much the best day of my life. And my wife's life. We heard and saw the heartbeat today. Baby is 8 weeks. DD is 3/31. When the ultrasound tech gave my wife tissues to wipe where the wand was, I thought they were for me and the tears running down my face. :) it finally feels real... So happy :)

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1af2de.aspx}

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1ad358.aspx

So today was pretty much the best day of my life. And my wife's life. We heard and saw the heartbeat today. Baby is 8 weeks. DD is 3/31. When the ultrasound tech gave my wife tissues to wipe where the wand was, I thought they were for me and the tears running down my face. :) it finally feels real... So happy :)

Congrats!! Such a great feeling :yipee:

Not weird being a guy on here at all, dads to be need to vent and ask questions, and that's basically the whole point of forums!

5 weeks is really really early, try not to stress. If hcg's moving up she should be good to go!

Wonderful news! I'm so glad! There's a thread for March due dates if you or your wife wants to peek in, you can find it if you click the March-mallow in my signature.

Awww GFGuy that's wonderful news! Congratulations!

I had a scan at 5 weeks with both my sins due to bleeding. Each time the sac was empty and a scan was rebooked for 2 weeks time. And both times there was a tiny baby with a strong heart beat. My sons are now 5 and 2 :) plus the HCG levels are rising :) all great signs. Good luck with your next scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->