is this an old wives tale re:taking new baby out

my eldest was born in november, and i spent 24hrs just over in hospital. my dad brought us home and i had asked (the now ex) to make sure we had bread, milk etc in - we didnt, apart from being there when i had lil man, he had spent the 2 days b4 (i was admitted) playing on playstaion and eating take aways!!!

i wont tell you what my lounge looked like or what was said to him! but i wrapped lil man in his coat, stuck him in pram and walked the mile up the road to tescos to get bits. when i returned nearly 2hrs later (it was a slow walk! LOL!) my house looked like a palace AND i had a big bouquet of flowers (no idea where he got them as local shop dont sell them, or much of anything to be honest).

no-1 told me i couldnt take him out. and at 3days old i went via bus to town shopping as i couldnt stand being in the house,

My son was born on a Saturday (April 12) and we came home on Monday. Almost the whole day we sat outside on my porch because it was so nice outside. And then Tuesday I went shopping with my mom and Aiden. lol. I don't think you really have to stay inside but it all really depends how you and your little one feel.

personally i never have wanted to go out for the first few days,purely because I was too tired and sore,nothing to do with the baby at all!!

Maybe it depends on the time of year? My son was born December 23rd and I didn't take him out for a few weeks. My mom had a baby who contracted a virus that attacked her heart and died just a few weeks after birth so she is always so scared and with my son wouldn't let anyone sick near him without a hospital mask, made for some funny pictures. I don't think I'll take him out for at least a week or two and this'll be in June (hopefully may fingers crossed)

I always thought people stayed indoors cuz they didn't feel well enough to go out, but I guess everyone's different! If my doctor tells me to stay in, I will, but something tells me I'm not going to want to go out right away. I'm sure after a few days, we'll want to get out of the house though!

When I had my son I was told to not go to stores for 2 weeks. Only families houses and doctors office. My son was born in June but there may have been a virus going around. This next one is due in November and I am sure I will keep him in too... nasty cold season and start of flu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->