is this bad? re: feeding at night

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by porkypig, Sep 2, 2009.

1. porkypig

porkypig Well-Known Member

i suffer from bad neck aches and find it really uncomfortable feeding my lo at night just perching on the end of my bed. i am going tobuy a nursing chair but in the meantime, i prop my little one on my pillow making sure he's nice and straight and feed him laying down nxt to him. i find it much more relaxing especiallyy in the night when youre tired as well. is this bad? does anyone else do this? xx:blush:

2. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

No that's fine, loads of people feed in bed, the midwives made me in my first week! Just make sure you keep yourself awake if he's on a pillow or take him off the pillow if you're happy to co sleep.

3. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

I just lie Finn down next to me. Well, even if he's not next to me he'll find his way over to a boobie these days, lol.

4. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

That's fine...when I BF, that was the only way I could do it for some reason.

5. ellismum

ellismum Ellis' mum!!

Yep, Those night feeds with him lying beside me is one of my fondest memories and found it the most comfortable feeding postion after my C Section. OH used to sleep on the sofa so we could co-sleep safely!