Is this bleeding normal?

Zahraa179

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

my situation is that I got a positive hpt around 7/8 dpo, I thought I was on 7 dpo due to watching my cervical mucus change and OPK's. I've heard that the earliest you can get a positive is 8dpo so I assumed I was 8dpo. However on 10/11 dpo or what should have been 10 dpo I started spotting brown with cervical mucus which quickly turned into pink blood (very light red) and was on and off for 1 day (11/12dpo, yesterday), and now today I've had a mixture of light brown and very light pink almost orange blood/discharge. I've never experienced a "period" like this and thought that I may be having a chemical pregnancy but then realised it's too early as my period is due on friday and chemical pregnancies usually happen at around 2 after a period is due. Does anyone know what this bleeding could be or if it is in fact a period?

It may be implantation bleeding. I would call your doctor and asked to have a test in the office. Its the only thing I could think it would be.

I've ordered some tests online so I wanna see how that goes, they should be here by tomorrow, otherwise I would have to wait until next week to for a GP appointment only to do a hpt, I'll probably ask for a blood test. I want to see how the hpt goes tomorrow first, I'm just really confused with what this bleeding is as it's so unusual compared to my normal periods and I thought it might be a bit strange for it to be implantation bleeding as I've already had a positive test.

I have heard women talk about having implantation bleeding weeks into their pregnancy. I know with my chemical pregnancy a week after AF was due I started cramping and bleeding like a rough period. Also I am not prying but have you had intercourse recently because you can get pink or red spotting if your cervix gets irritated.

I'v attached a photo of the hpt I did, the positive line came up within the 3 minutes of doing it, the line hasnt disappeared or anything so I know it's a genuine positive.

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 40
I haven't had intercourse since ovulation day :nope:

That is definitely implantation bleeding.. happened to me when I was pg with my twin boys. Unless you are in pain and cramping and bleeding profusely I wouldnt worry about it... of course to ease your mind i suggest you go to your gp to get bloodwork done.

well I don't really have any other symptoms except that my boobs are still hurting and my body seems to feel more and more achy every day. I did have some crampiness yesterday but not to bad for me to worry about, it feels more achy than crampy. Boy I do not know what I would think if I were to have twins! twins runs in my family from my mums side and I take after my mum more than anyone in the family :wacko: I think I would be in shock if I were pregnant with twins, especially as this is my first pregnancy (after a miscarriage I had last year). hmmmmm I hope this one sticks.

Implantation bleeding does not always occur exactly when it implants. I mean it does occur but it might take a few days to actually make its way out of you, iykwim. You're right that hcg is detected after implantation, but the blood doesn't necessarily mean that the implantation is occurring right that instant.

I had a chemical and it was after af was due and was like a longer, heavier more painful "period" so I doubt that's what yours is. Also, spotting is fairly normal in early pregnancy. Fingers crossed :)

Do you have any more pregnancy tests? I am a poas addict so I buy ic's and if I run out then I use dollar store tests just to ease my mind that a line is still showing up. :)

I had a lot of pulling, stretching, sight cramping on my lower abdomen and many times I thought AF was coming and I was going to miscarry. I know its easier said than done but try not to stress too much about it.

the ic's are coming tomorrow just so I can keep an eye on what's going on. I've just been to the bathroom and now I have light red blood, there's none on the panty liner that I put on this morning but theres quite a bit. Is this normal?

Ok, so I'm still getting reddish blood, it was heavy at one point but its gone back to a light/medium flow. I did one a couple of them Internet cheapie tests and they're coming out with faint positives, not a faint positive that I gotta squint my eyes to see it, I mean faint as in its there but light. I will take a pic and put it up.

here it is, this isn't that good but the second line can still be seen.

Attachments

• photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 23
I'm seeing a very faint line. Its still very early. I suggest u try to relax, stop testing til after af and test again then. By then you'll get a darker line and hopefully begin to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. As much as i think these early tests r great, i think they csuse so much stress. Wait til after af is due. If it doesnt come then test again. Unfortunstely this early on its all a waiting game. GL x

Af was due yesterday but I've been having a weird bleeding since Wednesday and getting BFP's at the same time

chemicals dont have to happen if ur due for ur period or after ur due most happen before ur due that is why most people dont even know it has happened and think its just a heavy period hug)

i think ur having implantation too hun xx

Possibly implantation then hun. If period was due yesterday & your getting bfp's then its looking gd. Congrats on bfp. Try to relax and c how things go x

I did another internet cheapie and still getting faints. so confused :wacko: I had some heavy bleeding for about 2 days and now its really light. I haven't been that stressed over it as my friend told me that she had worse for her implantation bleeding. I just hope that this isn't a chemical as I've had my fair share of them in the past.

I'm seeing a very faint line. Its still very early. I suggest u try to relax, stop testing til after af and test again then. By then you'll get a darker line and hopefully begin to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. As much as i think these early tests r great, i think they csuse so much stress. Wait til after af is due. If it doesnt come then test again. Unfortunstely this early on its all a waiting game. GL x

af would have ended this friday, so I'll wait to test again on that day. I hope I get the result I want :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->