Is this colic?

D

Donna35

All day today it's been taking ages to feed JJ. He wants the boob but then spits it out, his face goes all red and he's thrashing his arms and legs about and seems in pain. This is so unlike him.

Just fed him after 6 and it's taken until now to get him fed and settled. Spent an hour with him propped against my chest rubbing his back and he burped 3 times so I continued winding him for ages but nothing more happened. Before the winding he had his legs pulled up which made me think was wind and after the hour winding him his legs were straight out again. Then he seemed to want fed again so I started feeding him and he was twisting his body pushing me away and kicking like crazy.

Is this colic?

Hi hun

Sounds like it is. A lot of babies mistake wind for hunger so want to feed more plus they tend to pull their legs up to their tummy to try to ease the pain. I find using Infacol before a feed or gripe water helps. You could also try putting baby on your lap and moving their legs up and down as it helps relieve the wind.

xxx

Hope it works. I think you need to use it regularly for it to build up in their system. It might make your babies poo a bit runnier (!) but hopefully it will help ease the pain. A friend of mine recommended Colief too but that didn't work for my dd.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->