• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Is this ever gonna end?

S

Sarah10

Hi girls, at a loss of what to do anymore!
I don't mean to sound ungreatful, i love jayden to bits but i'm soooo tired (i know i'm not the only one but i'm looking for suggestions)

Jayden slept through from 14-16 week, at 16 week he got a cold and started waking for a 2am feed, and also waking for a dummy, which i gave to him.. carried on for a couple of weeks but i thought maybe it's because he is still poorly.
Anyway he is now 23 weeks and is still waking all the time at night. He goes to sleep at 6:30pm, sleeps till 7:30pm and then constantly wanting dummy, then pulls it out with his hand, this happens until 11pm, he wakes up just looking around for a good half hour and drops back to sleep till around 1am, stirs/wants dummy till 2am, win't go back to sleep without a feed (6oz, also tried giving an oz of water instead but wanted the milk) sleeps from 3am-4am, stirs from 4am then 4:30am we get up, he feeds :coffee: stays awake til 8am, sleeps til 9am, then is awake til 3pm, naps for 30mins if i'm lucky! then sleeps at 6:30pm...

How do we break the contant waking/dummy habit? Both of us are tired, jayden is grotty all day because he isn't getting a few hours without disturbing hiself.
Help appreciated thanks!! x

Also i don't think he is genuinly hungry? In the daytime he has 36oz, baby porridge or apple/banana blended with formula for breakfast, and around 4pm he has pureed veg or baby rice

hayden went through this it lasted a longtime but he also would not take water so was giving him milk

I then changed his feeding routine in the day and that seemed to work for example

hayden was on solids from 12 weeks

so he has milk at about 6ish then solids at 9ish breakfast. around 12ish solids round 3 milk, about 6ish solids then bedtime bottle of 8oz around 9 to 10 then sleeps through till 6 then has milk and sleeps till 9ish

sorry I can be positive but he is now 9 months and was always a very good sleeper till 5 months was about 14 hours a night!!!!

now he is getting better again

xxx

I feel your pain, my LO wakes up every night 5-8 times! Has done now for 3months. The only thing i can suggest is leaving him to moan/cry for 2-5mins before you go in to see to him. WE've started doing this and have noticed a few times he settles himself back to sleep. We also have a winnie the pooh dream light which comes on when he moans or crys which helps too!

I got myself so down about it and tried so many different things, just trying to keep the thought that he will grow out of it. Boys seem to be the sleep monsters eh!!

Fingers crossed for you! x

We are currently in the process of shoogling our routine around to try to find something that works!! Sophie was a brilliant sleeper, had been sleeping through for months and used to go to sleep no bother at night - but in the last 2 weeks, since she had a nasty cold, she has been a nightmare.

In the last two weeks I was bathing her around 6.30-7ish, and she was having a bottle and going to sleep, but waking up around 9-10ish, full of beans and wanting to play, and not going back to sleep till 2.30am!

I spoke to our neighbour about it last night as she's a nurse and did part of her training in a maternity unit so knows quite a lot about babies - also she's had 3 of her own. She suggested keeping Sophie up later in the evening and not bathing her at night as she gets really excited in the bath! Last night she took Sophie next door while we had our dinner and she played with her and kept her awake, and brought her home just before her last bottle was due at 10. We changed her nappy, put her into her sleepsuit, gave her her bottle and she fell asleep over it by just after 10 and that was her for the night - definitely better than the last 2 weeks! I bathed her this morning and she had such fun kicking and splashing - definitely more suited to mornings than when she is meant to be winding down, lol!

Today I spoke to the health visitor about it and she said don't let her nap any later than 4....she woke up just after 4 this afternoon and started to get really sleepy around 8.30 so I changed her into her sleepsuit and she's still sleeping...I'm hoping we can dreamfeed her at 10 without her waking - fingers crossed!!!

Yesterday Sophie had napped till 6 so that's maybe why she lasted out till 10!

ETA - the past couple of weeks she's been waking pretty every hour but last night she cried twice and both times it was just a case of popping her dummy back in, stroking her cheek and she settled again immediately.

Is a lot of it him waking for his dummy? If so, I would recommend getting rid of it! We are currently going through this as LO began waking once or twice an hour all night just for his dummy! I was going insane so decided to try and not give it. Now 9 times out of 10 he will suck his hand instead and send himself back off to sleep. Until around 6 in the morning when the hand doesn't cut it and it seems to be dummy or nothing!

I don't know how to get rid of his dummy, i try leaving him a couple of minutes but he gets worked up and then takes him ages to calm down.
He does get really sleepy at 6pm thats why i did start to bath him then he would have his bottle just after then sleep, but thinking about it before he got the flu he was staying awake til 9pm then sleeping straight til 5am! :D but i don't know how to keep him awake longer without him crying and being overtired. I think hearing my sister say 'well H didn't sleep through til he was 2 and a half yr old' does help me! Lol xx

I really feel your pain. My LO slept through the night from 5 weeks old. by 6 months he was sleeping 6.30pm till 8am (I know I was so spoilt) but since in between Christmas and New Year he has only slept through once. Last night he woke at 2.30am and didn't go back to sleep properly until 11am. He is now 9 months old and I'm praying that this is just a phase and that he will go back to sleeping through again - well even for at least more than 30 minutes would be a start!

I don't have any suggestions sorry, but just wanted to let you know you are not on your own x

Thanks! :) it really is hard work, nothing can prepare you for being a mummy! Though i do love being a mum! lol

He is now 9 months old and I'm praying that this is just a phase and that he will go back to sleeping through again

just wanted to let you know my Lo started waking up in the night at 9 months, was awful as i was used to him having 13 - 16 hrs sleep a night. there was nothing wrong with him and i had to do a couple of night feeds ( all thankfully before midnight ) hes now 10 months and is sleeping through as usual again phew! so i agree that your Lo might just be going through a phase. maybe they have a growth spurt or something :shrug: xx

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

some swear by these slumber bears?

saw a thread earlier about pupd don't know if thats something you'd try?

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh yeah i think i remember that thread! I will have to look into one of those xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"