Is this ewcm?

babygirlhall

Mummy to Josh and Maisie
Reaction score
Hi all :flower:
I recently had a mc and its been 25 days since i started bleeding. For the past 4 days or so i have been having achey legs, tummy and lower back, headaches, spots and moody! All typical af symptoms but my af are very irregular due to pcos and only managed to get my bfp last time thanks to clomid.
Anyway, i went to the loo earlier and when i wiped there was a big blob (about size of 10p) of cloudy looking cm, thick and stretchy! What could this be?? Is it ewcm? Could my body be gearing up to O?
Oh god i hope so!! I did do a opk and it was negative :nope:
Maybe its to do with the mc?
What do you think?
XX

You can produce that sort of mucus for a few days before ovulating, so it could be...

Firstly, sorry to hear about your mc

Sounds like it could be EWCM to me, but unfortunately it doesn't necessarily mean you'll definitely O. Particularly when coming off BCP or following a mc, it can take time for the hormones to settle. You might be getting an increase in oestrogen, which is what causes the EWCM, and does cause O, but sometimes the threshold for O isn't reached, and you don't get a true cycle. I was actually reading about this last night in TCOYF as I've recently come off BCP and had a good first cycle, but this cycle, I'm cd 20 and still haven't O'd. Apparently it's common for you to get patches of EWCM during your cycle when you have an anovulatory cycle, which is what I think I'm going through at the moment. I think it's a positive thing, though, as your body is obviously trying to O, but maybe just hasn't reached the peak yet.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean you won't get an O...PMA...

Have you tried charting- might help you understand what's going on, especially if you have PCOS...

Defo sounds like it to me!

Just to add this month was the 1st time for me that I've had OV pains! Never had/noticed them before and it was quite similar, period type pains in my legs too!

Good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->