• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Is this labor?

NewlywedTTC

Reaction score
Yesterday at work I started getting tightenings. I haven't gotten hardly any Braxton Hicks this entire pregnancy. I started writing down the times, just for fun. They were fairly consistent, mostly 3-5 minutes apart, but there were sometimes I didn't have one for 10 or 20 minutes. Once I went an hour without having one.
They continued last night, and even got a little bit painful. They stopped from 11-5. I figured it must have been a spook thing. But I got up at 5 to potty and from 5-6 had consistent, fairly painful contractions? I don't know. They were also in my back fairly bad. Then they stopped until 7 which is when I got up. I've had pains off and on all day. This afternoon it was in my back really badly. But it's also been painful across my belly.
My doctor's nurse said unless they are less than 5 minutes apart for an hour, don't worry about it. But I can always go in to be checked if I want. But what if I'm in back labor? I was able to take a nap earlier, which I think is a good thing. Means I could sleep through whatever was happening.
Last Thursday at the doctor he couldn't even find my cervix. On Wednesday I was 70% effaced but not dilated at all. So I don't know what to think...my back is pretty painful, radiating to the sides. What do you all think?

Oh gosh hon I'm not sure as this is all first time for me and I've not reached that stage, but if your nearing labor I just wanted to wish a painfree (lol, I know) and healthy delievery!

Maybe ur nearing hon!

LOL Thanks, Duffy. My Doula has been great and encouraged me to call my doctor. I think my husband has began nesting LOL My bump is really hard and uncomfortable and my back hurts. I wish you a pain free labor as well! :D

Ahhhhhh thanks but I'm sure I'll be screaming my bloody head off ROLF!!!! Okay seri my mom might have to gag me until its over heehee.

Can you imagaine if women didn't feel any pain or even discomfort when they deliever?

How you feeling now hon?

Sounds like your body is getting ready hon. BH can be regular for periods of time and uncomfortable. You'll know when your in real labour as you'll be doubled up in pain and you can't talk through the contractions. I had what your having the week before I gave birth so good luck maybe you'll get lo a little early :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"