Is this my induction?

L

Laura--x

I know you probs won't be able to answer this but..

When i had my last scan at 34 weeks, seeing the doctor after he asked me when my duedate was, then said he will have me back in on the 30th for induction.

Im sure that's pretty much all he said.

Do you think this date would be my induction date if i havn't gave birth by then.. or do they have to book you in for an induction first and give you a specific day/time ect ect?

Just looking for people who have had an induction really and what happened with them x

Erm all I can offer is what they did/said with me. Sorry I am no help.

I was told I would be induced due to my gestational diabetes at about 38 weeks...then they said 39 weeks and at my 38 week appointment I fully expected to be given a date for 39 weeks only to be told that they would leave me til my due date:hissy:

But I did get given a leaflet on induction and priming from the doctor and also given a date and time to attend the ward. So I would assume he should have done the same???

But also at my antenatal class the mw said that they can book you in for induction too...so it may be worth calling them and see if they have recieved any notification to book you in or see what they say as they could find out.

But if he said to get you in for your induction then surely he should have given you a date or another appointment before to discuss it???

Hmmm I would call someone and ask.

:hugs:

Emma.xx

I think they would be telling you to go back on the 30th to be booked in for an induction.. can you phone your midwife and ask?

round here, they do a sweep 7 days after your due date, then induce you 10 days after, so that coul be what he's referring to? xx

Hmm seems too close though for it to just be a booking. They need some time in advance to book you in.

give your midwife a call and find out... When I was being induced I had a meeting with the guy in charge of arranging it (consultant or whatever..horrid boring moany man lol who i have the displeasure of seeing again this pregnancy booo!) He phoned the labour suite and arranged a date and time for me and it happened to be 2 days after I had saw him

:hugs:

Hm it must be too book it then. i've had no info on inductions, dates/times or anything, don't think they would just throw me in at the deep end!

Thanks girls x

Hiya,
Can only say what I was told/given:
I had my sweep earlier today and my consultant gave me an induction leaflet and booked me in for the 29th April, she ran through what to expect and sent me on my way :o)

Ahh if you had no time or date etc.. then I doubt it. Prolly just to discuss and book it. I hope you go into labor tonight though or tomorrow after your second sweep.

inever got booked in for mine, they just said at my 38/40week appt cant remember which that i'd have my sweep then be induced. at my hosp they do one at like9 and one a couple of hours later. there was no booking it in officially or anything, saying that tho, i went into labour the day i was due my sweep

When I was induced with my daughter the doc called and talked to my mom the day before my due date and all he said was go up to labor and delivery at 830am. I had no idea i'd be having her that day. LOL

I got told when i go for my 40 week app and sweep i'll be given a date for an inducation later that week...

I see my midwife tuesday, so hopefully she will give me all the details and thursday will be the actual day!

i can wish lol.

At my 38 week growth scan they gave me a date of 7th May for my induction if LO hasn't made an appearance by then. hope this helps?? :hug: Not long to wait now though until you find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->