Is this normal for a 9 week old baby boy?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by possiblyp18, May 3, 2021 at 2:27 AM.

1. possiblyp18

possiblyp18 Mummy of 2 ttc #3

Hi everyone,

My son is 9 weeks old today and all of a sudden his scrotum and Penis area has gone very firm and swollen. He is also sore under his scrotum and to the sides. Using sudocrem to hopefully help that.

Is this something to worry about and get checked or is it quite normal?

TIA x

2. Rags

Rags Mother of 1 boy

Hi, can I ask if its constant firmness or does it go flaccid again? It is normal for little boys to have little erections at times but it should go down. I'm unsure about the scrotum being effected too, I don't recall that with my Ds. If he's got a bit of nappy rash it could be related to the inflammation - in in doubt I'd check with my gp.

3. motherofboys

motherofboys Home educating, TTC-ing, crazy mum of 5 boys!

I find some times their scrotum can be a little tighter(?) than other times. Almost like it's... neater? Not firm or swollen though. As Rags said they can get erections too. Nobody warns you! Of course if you're worried you should always double check with a medical professional

4. Rags

Rags Mother of 1 boy

And nobody warns you to duck if they start to piddle when their nappy is off, I was caught out and soaked a few times before I remembered to keep his penis covered till I was ready to put his new nappy on!

motherofboys likes this.