Is this normal for OPK's - please help

L

Louise N

Hi, this is my first month charting, i'm using OPK's but not taking my temp. On CD15 I had sore bb's and a few twinges which hinted at Ovulation approaching, MY opk was negative that day, then on CD16 I got a positive (as dark as the control line), On CD17 I got another positive (much darker than the control line) then on CD 18 and 19 i've had positives the same as CD16. I thought this was normal until I started looking through galleries of OPK's and noticed that most women only got 2 days of positives. All 4 have definitely been positive. I test at 11am every day as this is most convenient for me, usually with 2mu.
Is this normal? Can anyone help? Thanks.

I usually get three full days of positives. I think if you have positives for an extended period of time then it might be something to tell your doctor. I'm not worried about 3 days' worth of positives, though.

I meant to add my OPK's before day 16 were just very faint almost invisible lines.

i had this first time off bcp and i got three days postive or was it four lol i got the cm as well and then i got a neg when i teted about 5days later this time with only one line and few days before the postives i got neg which had two lines but one fainter. i also got all the other signs too that i was ovulating high sex drive sore boovs the lot. then 14days later had my first af after the pill. so to me i would say normal it could be catching the surge on its way up and down, hope all this makes sense lol x

I was starting to believe maybe the OPK was just picking up the rise and fall of hormones but my OPK was + again this morning. The line started appearing right away and after 3 minutes was as dark as the control line. I'm now what I think 3dpo.
I'm confused! This is my fifth day of + OPK's? Could it be that they are too sensitive? Or is something not right?

Well, your body could be gearing up to ovulate... Was there something stressful going on that could have caused ovulation to be delayed at all? I'd keep track of the positives and if you don't get your BFP this cycle, compare next cycle's results to these. If you're getting long periods of time where you have positive OPKs, I think I'd talk to the doctor in case they want to check it out.

I would say that the really dark day was your true surge and these tests are just picking up the rise/fall of your surge. I typically get a few days of 'positives' as well but only one full day of a very very dark control line, much darker than the test line, I typically quit testing after that day or the next though. Good Luck!

There's nothing stressful going on, infact I had a rather relaxed long weekend.

I'll base my OV day on the darkest line and put myself as 3dpo. I'm not going to test with OPK's anymore this cycle.

Thanks for the replies :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->