Is this normal heartrate?

orangeapple

Reaction score
12 weeks 3 days heart rate 155 ...
It's lower than 8 weeks 4 days ... it was 168 back then.
Just curious ...

That's perfectly normal.after 12 weeks their heart rate does slow a little

I think (and hope) its normal, mine is the same, was 165 or something at 8 weeks & 151 at 13 weeks. My ultrasound tech looked happy with it and I was watching her intently when she was recording it. :thumbup:

Heart rate can also change based on whether the baby is active or sleeping!!!

Yes it is normal! This baby was 170 at 8+6 and the past month has been around 145-150.

Totally normal sweetie.

Heart rates slows very slightly the further on in your pregnancy you progress. The higher ranges are normal in early pregnancy but by the time you get to term it will be quite normal if your LO only has a heartrate of 110bpm (I think mine did around time of labour).

It also varies depending on whether bubs is sleeping or playing! xx

The heart starts out at about 85 bpm at about 5 weeks something, although it is usually too early to see it on a scan then.

It increases at 3bpm every day, until it reaches a peak at 9-10 weeks. Then it is usually somewhere in the 170s.

At the 10 week point the brain/central nervous system is well developed enough to be able to regulate the heart rate so it doesn't need to keep speeding up.

It slows down over the next couple of weeks and will eventually reach a stable point around the 140s-150s mark. Just like anyone else though, the baby's heart will beat slower when it is resting and faster if it is active.

So, in short, it is totally normal for it to be slower at 12 weeks than 8 weeks. In fact, that is a very healthy sign. During pregnancy anything between 120-180 can be normal as the baby's heartbeat will fluctuate, and of course all babies are different.

Completely normal! As long as it's in between 120-170 :) This baby girl is always in 140-160.

It was best said by my OB..."the bigger they get...the more their heart rate slows." That wouldn't be anything to worry about. My son's dropped like that. As long as it is above 120, then they have nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"