Is this normal? Nutramigen milk

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Okay so LO has been having problems (see previous posts) and doctor now thinks she may have a lactose intolerance. He give prescription for Nutramigem 1 formula which I started LO on yesterday afternoon. She seems more comfortable on it but her poop has gone from being quite sloppy and yellow to quite pale and almost like a crunchy peanut butter texture :haha: I was wondering if anyone has experience of this milk and knows if this is normal?

Also do you know how long it can take for the milk to properly work as doctor said to let him know friday (tomorrow) how she is getting on but I wasnt sure if that is enough time for it to properly get into her system. She still has symptoms etc but last night she had a really good night and slept from 1am til 7.20am when I woke her! :thumbup:

xx

Hey hun, you may get responses from right ppl if you change title so it shows its about the special milk...hope you don't mind me saying :thumbup:

Im not sure about the poop but when Ava was put on nutramigen we were told it could take 2 weeks to see changes and to give it at least to weeks before deciding it was or wasnt working.

Thanks hun. I am gonna ask for more tomorrow to last a couple of weeks and see how we get on. How long did you find a tin lasted? We have had it since yesterday and are almost 3/4 of the way through I think. LO feeds 4 ozs every approx 3 hours. xx

It lasted us probably about 3 days. We went through 2 cans in 1 week ish. She had a bad reaction after one week though so we had to take her off.

Oh gosh, that doesnt sound good. We got through approx 1 tin of normal formula a week and that is 900g so that sounds about right for us.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->