Is this normal? Or safe even? Eating my words :p

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by LittleBoo, Nov 15, 2011.

1. LittleBoo

LittleBoo Intactivist Mummy!

Cas (2 months) has started sleeping... 6pm-6am. The past two night has done this. The nights before that he woke at 1am for about 10 minutes, drank his milk then went straight back off til 6/7am. Is this safe? Should I be waking him?

2. stepmum

stepmum Oliver's Mummy

Oliver sleeps from about 7pm/8pm til 8am/9am most mornings and he has done this for probably the past 3 weeks or so. I think the general rule is so long as they are getting enough during the day they will wake when they are hungry but if your LO is sleeping through he must be getting enough milk during the day. I might be wrong but thats as I see it with Oliver.

3. Mindy_mini

Mindy_mini Mum2b of 2 under 2

Unless there are issues of slow weight gain or weight loss, my personal opinion is NEVER wake a sleeping baby!

Babies need sleep, for two months they've woken if hungry so there's no reason to think they'd stop now.

Let them sleep and be grateful you have a lo who wants to sleep. Also make the most of it as our lo slept soundly 7-7 from 7wks then about 8wks ago she started waking and wants to play for two hrs between 1.30 and 3.30am.

4. Prinny_1

Prinny_1 Pregnant with no. 2

My little boy used to sleep through at that age and I used to wake him to feed him, but others thought I was mad and, tbh, if we had another who slept that well I'd probably leave him and assume he'd wake when hungry. It's really up to you, but check with your health visitor if you're worried (although I suspect they'd all give different advice on it too... x

5. tina3747

tina3747 Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!

I hate you!!!!:haha:

6. Lauki

Lauki Mummy and newly pregnant!

:haha:

7. LittleBoo

:haha: thanks guys, will check it's okay with HV but let him sleep as much as he wants til then, he seems his usual bright eyed bushy self and is a right chub, so I know weight gain isn't a problem. No doubt next week it'll be up every few hours again :haha:

8. Pixoletta

Pixoletta Well-Known Member

I would cherish these very moments!! My LO is 8 and a half months and still isn't sleeping through the night!

9. MissMooMoo

MissMooMoo Well-Known Member

from 8 weeks Jacob has gone 12 hours (not even waking once!) and the HV said not to worry just enjoy it!

for the past 3 mornings he has even gone till 9!

Guess we just have to enjoy it while we can as when they start teething it may be a whole different story!

xxx

10. LittleBoo

Thinking back, I'm pretty sure my eldest was the same, from around about 2 months sleeping at least 8 hours at a time during the night. He had the exact same routine as Cas, bath at 6, bottle and bed. Seems to be working!

11. hivechild

hivechild Mummy to Ronan

If he's eating well, gaining weight, and is otherwise alert and healthy, let him sleep.

12. LittleBoo

Well last night I got 2 hours sleep :haha: he did well, woke at 3, then again at 5, been up since. Only went to bed at 3 so it's my own fault :p deary me!

13. tina3747

tina3747 Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!

Heehee..thats karma for you.!!!.:haha:
    (im the hater from yesterday!!)

I must have been sending out vibes,if mines not sleeoing then nobody elses should:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

14. Lauki

Lauki Mummy and newly pregnant!

:rofl: Poor you!

15. LittleBoo

Ahh it's cool, I'm on my usual diet of coffee and cigarettes so I'm perky as usual. Though I'm pretty sure I punched OH at about half 5, he moaned cause Cas was keeping him up :p lazy git's not been up with him in the night since he was a few weeks old!