is this normal, really worried??

snay2011

Reaction score
hi all, for the past week iv been experiencing a constant dry mouth, sometimes so bad that my tongue tingles, i keep looking up various different illnesses on the internet and making myself really anxious. i wake up in the night and my tongue is stuck to the roof of my mouth, i keep drinking lots (lol & peeing alot) which helps but then my mouth goes dry again. iv been to the doctor for blood tests (which were all ok) and he says its most likely pregnancy related, i do however have a b12 deficiency which can also make your mouth feel worse. do you think i should be worried? iv started getting emotional about it thinking maybe something is wrong? thanks for any advice :cry::cry:

I wouldn't be hugely worried, but dry mouth is the second sign of deyhdration, you should be drinking atleast 8 600ml glasses of water a day, which I'm guessing you don't because I don't, so you probably have dehydration. Remember your little baby takes a lot of fluid from you!

A lot of the time dehydration will not show in urine until it is severe; and it should never get to that point. I have passed out from it and still not had it in my urine, so lots of water and try and drink one sports drink a day, something chocablock full of electrolights.

I have bad dry mouth too. It makes my morning breath HORRIBLE! The only thing that helps is keeping a glass of water on my night stand.

I'm not sure what the weather is like where you are but a few years ago I starting getting horrible dry mouth when I was sleeping. It would not go away no matter how much I drank so I got a warm air humidifier for my room and that solved the problem within a few days. I only used it at night when I was sleeping and during the fall and winter when things became so much drier. I don't even use it every year, it just depends on how dry and cool the weather is.

hi its quite cool here at the moment, my mouth is dry all day and i think im alone with this, really getting me down now :(

I get it too ... And dry eyes, they're the worst! I constantly have to be reminded to drink more!x

well iv drinking lots of lucozade the past few days and it seems to have helped a bit, also my nose and sinus's have been blocked all week and the dryness seems to ease off a bit if i manage to unblock my nose through the day and night. i still have a really bad dry mouth though up until around 3 pm, its a nightmare!!!

That's interesting that you mentioned you have a B12 deficiency too. My MW told me I have a minor B12 deficiency also and so I've been taking a low dose supplement every day for the past couple weeks. Before that I had a terribly dry mouth at night and literally had to drink water just to get my tongue unstuck from the roof of my mouth! :dohh: It's better now but still drier than if I wasn't pregnant. I just drink as much water as I need to and I know that it'll get better once LO is here. There are sooooo many little symptoms from being pregnant with our hormones all over the place, increased blood flow/volume, etc. I'm not too worried about it but it is annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->