is this normal??

That is heavy for a 6 weeks old, but she was a big baby at birth so I would say she is fine, all babies grow and gain weight differently, as long as she is feeding well and is content then I wouldnt worry. Believe me hun you will hear a lot of 'do this' 'dont do that' 'thats not right' it comes with the job, I am 31 years old with 2 kids and I still have people try to tell me whats right and whats not !!!! Enjoy your baby hun xx

Thanks! yeah she is content and sleeps well. i know what you mean about the whole "don't do that" thing, whenever sienna cries (not that she does much) my family automatically take her off me and say "give her here let me stop her crying" like im not capable!

yeh i agree, courtney was only 6lb 2 at birth so has always been quite a dot... as long your hv isnt concerned i wouldnt worry hun!!

:hugs:

It sounds fine to me. As long as your midwife and HV are not concerned then i don't think you should be, for some reason every man and his dog suddenly become experts on 'your' baby, every baby is different, some babies are born at that weight!

Sounds fine to me - my LO was 7lb15 at birth and at 6 weeks he weighed 11lb so I really wouldn't worry about it. Is her weight gain steady and in a nice line on the growth chart in her red book ? Some babies just put on weight really well, is she a long baby ? As long as the HV's aren't worried, she doesn't sound like she's over eating at all. You're doing fine - trust your own instincts. xx

My baby is 7 weeks and weighs 11lb and was 6lb 9oz at birth so I would say thats perfectly normal too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->