is this normal?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by junemomma09, Apr 20, 2009.

1. junemomma09

Ive noticed whenever I have a contraction (braxton hicks or regular) that i get short of breath. Does anyone else experience this????

I dont remember ever having this with my DD.

2. ribboninthesky

ribboninthesky Proud Mum of 3! :o)

Yep, the BH I've been getting take my breath away.

3. junemomma09

oh ok, good!!!! its nice to know im not the only one. gives me reassurance ya know...

4. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

Yeah they sometimes take my breath away too!

5. JJF

JJF Finished at 3

So interested to see this post from today cause all day I have been short of breath and been having what I'm guessing are BH but they don't feel like they did with my other two pregnancies, so I've been sort of second guessing myself all day if things are okay. It doesn't feel like my uterus is tightening but more like my sides, from my ribs all the way down so who knows but TOTALLY shortness of breath for the last few days but most of today for sure.

Good luck (to us both, hahaha)

6. tat

tat Expecting #3

YES!! Wow I was wondering this today!! It almost feels like my chest gets tighter and tighter with the BH.. Is that kind of what you are feeling??

7. junemomma09

ya i feel like my lungs are being sqeezed, if that makes any sense. it sucks! its like theres so much pressure around my lungs and can barely breathe...but when the contraction stops, its like instant relief!!!