Is this normal ?

No the social housing here is different
Anyone can join the housing register and gain a bidding number to bid on 2 different properties on a list that is placed online every week
Takes a while to get a bidding number from first application
Which I have finally got to today but bidding depends on circumstances on who would get offered the property from all the bids so if someone in band B bids on a property that I bid on (C) then band B will always be above me
And they don't take into consideration pregnancy until the third trimester to move up property types I can bid for
And I won't move bands until baby is born
Makes sense lol

Now homelessness is different because anyone pregnant or classed as vulnerable and facing being homeless they have a duty of care to house them and offer temporary accommodation as in b n b or hotel until suitable accommodation is found via the bidding system
Hope you understand my garble lol

They offered me a temporary place today but it was over 10 miles away and I don't drive and finish work at midnight every other week so would be impossible for me
So for now I have to still pretend to be nice

Interesting! I have no idea if we have a system like that. I don't think so.

Good luck! Hopefully you find something soon.

Pixie, Im so sorry you are going through this. I wish I could give you a big old hug! I hope everything works out for the best and that you get housing sooner rather than later. I wouldn't worry too much about your ex. Sounds like karma will bite her in the butt eventually. Plus, you deserve better than that. Ive been there and it sucks but someone better is waiting for you and your baby. Try and stay as stress free as you can (easier said then done) and keep your head up. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->