Is this normal?

Love245

Reaction score
So I just had my first miscarriage. But my family doesn't know that I'm going through this, I'm so scared as it is. I grew up in a bad environment and swore to be in a good place finacially and to be the mom I never had. But I noticed a few weeks that something wasn't right with my body. I thought that I was pregnant but told myself that I was told by doctors that I can't have kids. Then I started bleeding and it wouldn't stop. I knew something was wrong but was to scared to tell my family, so I told a friend that I knew had suffered a miscarriage recently and she told me that's what was happening. I guess my question is this, is it normal for after this to happen to not want to be touched after going through this? Is it normal to just be depressed about what could've been. Yea I hadn't accomplished all my goals I had set for myself, I still have two more years of college. But I was looking forward to being a mom for a short time before I realized what was happening. Is it normal to be sad of what could've been? And to not what to be touched intimately? To not what to have my stomach touched? This is all new to me and I thought maybe your guys could help me understand whats going on with my emotions. Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

I’m so sorry for your loss. It is a lonely place to be. It is completely normal not to want to be touched. I felt that way for a while and then I just wanted to be held.

thanks, I thought that maybe something was wrong with me. Like I can stand to be hugged and stuff but like cuddling and stuff like that bothers me right now. I'm glad to know that its normal and that over time this feeling will go away. thank you so much and congrats. This website and all the support on here is just amazing thanks again

Hey love245,

I recently had a similar experience. I was on birth control (IUD) and unexpectedly got pregnant and miscarried at about 7 weeks. It happened a couple of months ago but I'm only now starting to talk about it with friends and family a bit more openly, and places such as this message board.

It's totally ok to not want to be touched- after mine I realized a week or two later I hadn't let anyone touch me, my husband maybe gave me a few hugs and that was it. I think after such a traumatic physical experience, I was trying to protect myself. Give yourself as much time as you need.

I also did not talk to my family about it right away. I only recently told my mom, and she wished I had called her so she could be there for me. That's my one regret in the situation.

Anyways I'm sending lots of love and positivity to you. We aren't alone. We will heal, it will take time but we will be okay.

thank you so much. its been really hard and I keep blaming myself even though I know its not my fault. I think that might be why I don't want to be touched. I did tell a close friend and she's been able to help me through it and this page is showing so much support. thank you so much for your support its good to know I'm not alone in this and that what I'm feeling is completely normal. You guys have been amazing and so supportive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->